TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: LNOE reality game show scenarios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After getting really involved with board games and even thinking about developing my own game, I decided to start by taking a crack at building my own scenarios based on LNOE. This scenario is to be the first of a series based on the idea that the heroes are now instead in a reality game show fighting the undead and the other heroes to win a grand prize (yes the initial idea was taken from deadrising 2). This includes hero v. hero fighting and several other new game mechanics, which will rollover into further expansions. Have fun with it and please leave feedback, I know it is a bit long but I guarantee to keep creating new scenarios to make it worth everyone's while.

*4/21/2011 after play testing a 3 player game (2 heroes vs. 2 heroes vs. zombies) I fleshed out quite a number of issues and have updated them on here. It seemed fairly balanced and was a lot of fun, the zombie player ended up winning, but it was very close.

*4/25/2011 standardized the layout and added a few new rules to clean things up for future games.

*8/20/2011 put the games into a pdf for easy printing and attempted to clear up some of the rules

*9/01/2011 cleaned up a few things, added some new ways for heroes to get points and included the step by step setup instructions, should be a bit more playable now.

*9/14/2011 New scenario: Mutant madness, thanks again abomination
Nitro...you have put a lot effort into this & it is too bad no one has
commented or played these out & posted.

I find that often long Game varients post usually don't get much of a response.
I guess the size of the material causes people to
sort of glaze over .I've done an Arkham Horror varients for AToE
with the same response.

Your ideas on Heroes trying to jocky to become the head honcho
after the Zombies have upset usual civil life is interesting.

The posting of such detailed material is basically its own reward,
you have taken an idea & fleshed out into the context of LNoE.
You enjoyed doing it & you have presented it to others.

Thanks for sharing

OD
Hi Nitro. SO...I finally got a change to play your variants. I set the game up for the Gaunlet. I was super excited to play using your item buildings, and I really enjoy taking the Hero Deck away from the Heros. I especialy enjoy H vs H vs Z play.

I really like your "Pushing" concept.

yet, i am sorry to say, I didnt like it.

Once I stipped the deck of First Aid, any card with the First Aid symbol. i never realized how few the Heros get. So I added the "Its just a scratch" I still only had 6 First Aid cards. I only have LNOE & GH maybe if i had all the expansions ?

I had a very difficult time finding L boards the worked for Boards 3 & 4. Most times building totally blocked board 3 from 4, and visa versa. I also had a hard time setting boards 1-2-7-8 If you had the Cornfeild board in slot 2 - you could start on the outside corner and reach tile 4 in 6 spaces. Most other boards had a building that would block or slow down movement. Also, boards 1 and 2 have a definite advantage over boards 7 and 8. Having ran track, I am always keen on finding the shortest path. So starting the run, i could not find an evenly matched path to get to boards 3 & 4.

The most upsetting thing I found was, and Im a Zombie player, No Faith for the Good Father. Because he can not have a gun, Faith is all he gets to counter that. Sally can not use a shotgun. The Sheriff and Rashell (thats right) start with a gun ? It does not seem to be an even balance with Heros.

Maybe i missed something or i am not understanding ?
Kristina aka PJ
(08-19-2011 05:47 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nitro. SO...I finally got a change to play your variants. I set the game up for the Gaunlet. I was super excited to play using your item buildings, and I really enjoy taking the Hero Deck away from the Heros. I especialy enjoy H vs H vs Z play.

I really like your "Pushing" concept.

yet, i am sorry to say, I didnt like it.

Once I stipped the deck of First Aid, any card with the First Aid symbol. i never realized how few the Heros get. So I added the "Its just a scratch" I still only had 6 First Aid cards. I only have LNOE & GH maybe if i had all the expansions ?

I had a very difficult time finding L boards the worked for Boards 3 & 4. Most times building totally blocked board 3 from 4, and visa versa. I also had a hard time setting boards 1-2-7-8 If you had the Cornfeild board in slot 2 - you could start on the outside corner and reach tile 4 in 6 spaces. Most other boards had a building that would block or slow down movement. Also, boards 1 and 2 have a definite advantage over boards 7 and 8. Having ran track, I am always keen on finding the shortest path. So starting the run, i could not find an evenly matched path to get to boards 3 & 4.

The most upsetting thing I found was, and Im a Zombie player, No Faith for the Good Father. Because he can not have a gun, Faith is all he gets to counter that. Sally can not use a shotgun. The Sheriff and Rashell (thats right) start with a gun ? It does not seem to be an even balance with Heros.

Maybe i missed something or i am not understanding ?
Kristina aka PJ

I am sorry this didn't work out so well for you, I am still an amateur game designer and you kinda jumped into the most complicated of my scenarios as of yet. I would have suggested you trying "the opener" first if you wanted to play with my new rules or to try my other scenarios, release the beast, where the simpler beasts are easy and fun to play. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-the-Beast

As for the board setup, you were very right and it is now standardardized. For the new setup, starting from boards 1 and 2 the shortest distance is 28 spaces and the shortest path for 7 and 8 were 29 spaces, along with a similar number of choke points for each path (therefore if you move an average of 2 spaces a turn you should be able to make it), that is the best I could do and I hope it is acceptable.

As for some heroes becoming less useful, that is why I decided that the hero players should pick their own heroes, for instance Jake would have no abilities in this scenario so don't use him, same for sally but her bonus is amazing. Specifically for the father, you could always make a house rule to add another building that gives heroes faith for a few turns or the father permanently.

As for heroes' starting stuff, everyone has a hand weapon permanently fixed to themselves at all times (this would be the my favorite weapon rules) and the handguns are less accurate against other heroes, I don't see too much of a problem seeing as that is the one and only significant bonus for rochelle and the sheriff, not to mention they can't pick up any other weapons without getting rid of the handguns first, also sally's bonus is crazy good since she can use it in every fight she gets into.

If you are willing to give it another shot I will do what I can to help you get it right and in turn make this scenario better. For instance, how did you play out "My favorite weapon", "weapons of mass destruction" and the "item houses"? These are new concepts and I can see it being pretty easy to not get them right away.

Also, can you be more specific with your problems with the hero v. hero combat? It took a lot of thought to get it where it is at and if there is a way to improve it I would be very interested. Thanks
Hi Nitro. We set the game up, and as I was explaining your ideas....I got way to many objections from the other players. They liked the Favorite weapon idea, and not much else. lol I still think your ideas are good, maybe some tweaking, or more understanding. I will try again this week. I have a small gropup I play with on monday night, and then my game club on friday.
I understand, it is pretty big change to the game play. Were there any particular objections I could look into?

You may want to try the release the beast scenario in your case, seeing as it can either be played with the normal rules or the new rules. That way you can ease them into it a little better and I find those scenarios loads of fun.

I look forward to hearing what happens.
(08-22-2011 08:55 PM)nitro9090 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand, it is pretty big change to the game play. Were there any particular objections I could look into?

You may want to try the release the beast scenario in your case, seeing as it can either be played with the normal rules or the new rules. That way you can ease them into it a little better and I find those scenarios loads of fun.

I look forward to hearing what happens.

Hi, I liked your Gauntlet Idea Watchmen02 I came up with a foot race, sort of similar. The way my foot race worked was - 4 Player 20 Turns, sundial marker is placed of board until the first turn when it is placed on the 20

HERO - Well stocked building, 10 Free Exploration Markers ( 7 search, 2 single attack,1 double attack ), Hero's Replenish

Zombie - Horde with Auto Spawn

Set-up The Road out of Town L board must be used as the last board. Take any 2 L boards and make a rectangle, take 2 more and make another rectangle. Put the 2 rectangles together to make 1 bigger rectangle. Then add the Manor House, follow this by 2 more rectangles. The last board must be The Road out of Town.

There must be at least a 2 square transition from any rectangle to another. If not add a door.

Each Hero player picks 4 Hero. Place 1 Hero in the Manor. The remaining 3 Heroes start at the Very first L board outside, furthest from the road out of town, 1 Hero card for each Hero.

Zombies Start as normal, with this exception. Must Spawn evenly on a minimum of 3 Spawning pits.

Place the 10 Free Exploration markers, 1 in any building before the Manor. Once all Heroes have entered the Manor Board, replace the 10 Free Exploration makers in the remaining Rectangles.

At any time If all Heroes have moved across an L board rectangle section, remove those sections. ( I have thought about removing the rectangle in sections of - on the start of a 5th turn remove the furthest rectangle. one time they left a hero in the back field, which really messed with me )

STORY LINE In the small sleepy town of Woodinvale a Zombie Infestation has happened. You have been running all day and hiding most the night. As the sun comes up you have an idea. To Get to the Gas Station and take what ever vehicle you can. To do this you will need to run through town. As you make your way to town, you notice a few other survivors. The nine of you set out to accomplish this.

Thats basically it. The Heroes main struggle is to keep moving and pick up search item. Im also a fan of H vs. H. Heroes will have trouble as they bottle neck through town.

I liked your idea of the building with certain card functions. I will keep you and all updated
Hopefully We will be trying the opener tonight or atleast sometime this weekend.
for some reason this makes me think of the arcade game smash tv. I'll let you know what I think when we playInsane02
(09-01-2011 10:23 PM)abomination Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully We will be trying the opener tonight or atleast sometime this weekend.
for some reason this makes me think of the arcade game smash tv. I'll let you know what I think when we playInsane02

it has a lot of new rules, so take it slow and get used to the new concepts. Oh, and have fun!

The concept iriginally evolved from Deadrising 2, I liked the zombie game show idea.

PS just updated the the opener pdf file
I still haven't got around to playing your scenario yet due to not being able to get anyone's schedule to line up. WHen I do I'll post what I thought
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's