TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New player here and a few questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got this game last week and my family tried to play it,I liked it as well as my son but the wife and daughter was growing tired as we had to look in the rule book just about every turn. So I hope to get the rules down a bit better and give it another try.
I had more questions but forgot some as I had them last week and just found this site today,so I ask what I remember.
First off we didnt discover till about half way through the game but on my wife character she had the sheriff and it says starts with gun.So Does this mean if you pick him you get the gun card out and give to the player then shuffle the deck and begin game?
Next question is about drawing and playing cards..
Zombie questions..
OK so Zombie player can have 4 cards,or 2 a piece if 2 player zombies, right?
So if you draw 2 or more play immediately cards you pick which one you want and discard the rest,Now do you repick to get your hand back up to 4 cards or are you just out of luck till its your turn to draw again?
Also just want to verify that zombies can only play 1 card "not counting play immediately cards" per turn. So if I roll against a hero,Pull my card to make them reroll ,they have the option to counter that with a card or ability correct and I can do nothing as I already played my one card Correct?
Now onto the heros...
Heros can only hold up to 4 cards and cant have more then 2 weapons right? So if they draw a 3rd weapon they must keep which one they want and discard the the 3rd,so is that is that your search done then?
But the hero can play as many cards as they want in there turn at anytime during their turn?
Rolling D6
So when rolling and the hero rolls natural doubles of any kind is a instant kill and cannot be forced to be rerolled or have anyone play cards during that turn?
But if the hero rolls a 3 and a 2 and has a plus 1 they can make it double 3's for the kill right? But at the same time I as a zombie rolled a 4 and could play a forced reroll card trying to change it right?
So if anyone could chime in to say if I got any of this right or tell me what im doing wrong,Thanks
Hello, and welcome. First of all for Sheriff Anderson, YOU are correct. You take the revolver out of the card deck, your player starts with that weapon. Then shuffle the remaining cards. As for the 3rd weapon question, I believe you have it right. But I am confused by this part...",so is that is that your search done then?"
Once you picked up that weapon from searching you decide which one to discard. End of Search.
And lastly, you are a zombie and can use your event card to alter their dice roll..on certain circumstances. The circumstances you have stated seem legit! NOW onward to maiming and bringing upon the destruction of mankind!! (im a zombie player too)
Yea I just meant when you already have 2 weapons and have 1 event card and draw a 4th and get another weapons you just have to discard one,seeing now you have 3 weapons and cannot hold in the hand,So you just throw back in discard pile and do not get another chance to try to get a 4th card for your hand.
If there are any things that will confuse us please let me know,Im sure once I play again I'll have a few more questions,but this is all I can recall for the moment. Thanks for the fast reply!
OK so Zombie player can have 4 cards,or 2 a piece if 2 player zombies, right? Correct, also remember that the ZP(s) get to draw up to the full hand size.
So if you draw 2 or more play immediately cards you pick which one you want and discard the rest,Incorrect, ALL Play Immediately cards get played. You, as the Zombie Player, get to decide the order that they take effect
Now do you repick to get your hand back up to 4 cards or are you just out of luck till its your turn to draw again? You wait until the next Zombie draw phase to refill your hand
Also just want to verify that zombies can only play 1 card "not counting play immediately cards" per turn. Zombie Players can play as many cards as possible during their turn. They can only DISCARD 1 card per turn before the draw phase
So if I roll against a hero,Pull my card to make them reroll ,they have the option to counter that with a card or ability correct and I can do nothing as I already played my one card Correct? The Zombie one card rule only applies to Fight: cards. You can only play one Fight: card per zombie per Fight. Aside from that, play those cards as fast as possible!
Now onto the heros...
Heros can only hold up to 4 cards and cant have more then 2 weapons right? So if they draw a 3rd weapon they must keep which one they want and discard the the 3rd,so is that is that your search done then?
Correct
But the hero can play as many cards as they want in there turn at anytime during their turn? Correct. And, with the exception of Fight: cards, so can the Zombies.
Rolling D6
So when rolling and the hero rolls natural doubles of any kind is a instant kill and cannot be forced to be rerolled or have anyone play cards during that turn?
Incorrect. Natural doubles only kill if those doubles are higher than the Zombie roll.
Ex: ZP rolls a 2, HP rolls 5 and 5 - dead zombie.
ZP rolls a 2, HP rolls 4 and 6 - fended off zombie.
ZP rolls a 2, HP rolls 1 and 1 - Hero takes a wound. This is where Weapons/Events that grant extra Fight Dice for the Heroes comes in handy. HP has 1 and 1, so has the doubles and is still losing. If they can roll an extra die to beat the 2, the outcome changes from Hero taking the wound to dead zombie.
It is not instant either, the Zombie Player does have the opportunity to force a reroll to break up the doubles.

But if the hero rolls a 3 and a 2 and has a plus 1 they can make it double 3's for the kill right? But at the same time I as a zombie rolled a 4 and could play a forced reroll card trying to change it right? In this case, 3 and 2 + 1 does count as doubles, but since you rolled a 4, the Hero does not have the higher roll, so would be taking a wound.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, fire away.
(04-22-2011 08:54 AM)ProfitOfDoom Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I just meant when you already have 2 weapons and have 1 event card and draw a 4th and get another weapons you just have to discard one,seeing now you have 3 weapons and cannot hold in the hand,So you just throw back in discard pile and do not get another chance to try to get a 4th card for your hand.
If there are any things that will confuse us please let me know,Im sure once I play again I'll have a few more questions,but this is all I can recall for the moment. Thanks for the fast reply!

You do not hold items and weapons in your hand. They are placed on the heros, with a limit of 4 items per hero and only a max of 2 of them being weapons. Your event cards go in your hand and there is no limit on how many you can hold in your hand.
Munky cleaned this up pretty good, but if you want to keep it simple when it comes to knowing if zombies are killed or not... follow these simple guidelines:

First: Hero must beat the ZP, whether it is outright, or if they have the ability to win ties (given by hero ability or card).
Second: They must have any pair of doubles.

As long as the hero has those 2 filled... wound to the zombie.

Just a little note if you are playing advanced with special zombies... like zombie heroes. These zombies take more than 1 hit, so be careful not to remove them out of habit... or better yet, let the hero player flick them off like they are a regular zombie. Zombie heroes with chainsaws don't like that. Watchmen02
lol,sorry guys It seems I have questions about something different after everytime I play.
1. Ok can someone explain the faith card a little more clearly?
First off it says play on any hero,so I touched on this before,from what I got from it I could help someone else out with it even if there not in my square, right? Like if im billy and I have the faith card and sally is 5 squares away from me and already has 1 wound and has a zombie land in her square I could just give her the faith card letting her roll one extra d6 to try to help her. "And it would it matter if billy already took his turn? Or can this only be done on the hero's turn,and this could not be done on zombies turn,or it doesnt matter it can be done anytime I wanted to play it?

2. Ok after that it says if played on the priest "im assuming the priest has to have the card flipped up and it remains in play till a zombie plays a card to remove it" But it says limit one? does this mean I can only have 1 faith card in my hand,Can only be used once per fight? but if I had 2 zombies in my square I could use this each fight,yes?

3. Say im the priest and have the baseball bat and faith card,The bat will let me roll 3 dice from the start of the fight,now the faith says it allows to roll a extra dice ,so with faith and bat I would roll 4 dice?
1) Event cards, like Faith, are held by the player, not the hero. So when a hero searches, if they draw an item, it must immediately be placed on that hero who searched. If it's not an item, it goes into the player's hand. The player's hand of event cards may be played on anyone, anywhere, at any time, unless the card notes otherwise.

2) You can have as many Faith cards as you want in your hand (though I think there's only one in the deck, though I could be mistaken). But you can only have one Faith card per hero.

3) The baseball bat's a weird case. Let's take it a piece at a time. When the hero has Faith, they're going to roll +1 die, for a total of three. Now you add in the baseball bat -- which I'd suggest ONLY using if you need to. So you roll your three dice, and if you need a fourth, then you can use the baseball bat for a fourth. And if it doesn't break, and you need a fifth die, the bat lets you get a fifth die. And then a sixth, and on and on, until you have the results you need, or until the bat breaks.

Does that help?
So when you say use the bat only when I need to,you mean so you wont chance to break it if you dont need to?
So say I have the faith and bat and I roll 3 dice,and lose. Now I can say ok im going to use the bat and roll 1 more,test,roll etc. till I either win or break it? In other words when I have the bat I wouldnt use it unless I lose a regular fight?
Correct! Best practices for Fights for Heroes is to first roll your initial two dice, wait to see the Zombies roll, and react from there. This will help you stretch your limited resources and prevent you from risking a weapon when you wouldn't need it. Some examples for the Baseball Bat:
ZP rolls 4, you roll:
5 and 5 - you naturally kill the zombie, no reason to use the bat.
4 and 5 - zombie fended off, feeling lucky? Use bat to try and get doubles to kill the zombie.
4 and 4 - zombie wins on ties, use that bat try and turn a wound into a kill!
4 and 3 - zombie is winning, use the bat to fend it off, and keep going if you have hot dice to eventually kill it.
Reference URL's