TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Strategy for Zombie noobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is for everyone coming in new to LNOE:

-----------------------------

OK. So, the first several times I played (I play the Zombie side), I lost...sometimes badly. Then i went here on this site and learned one basic lesson. Cycle your hand!

CYCLE YOUR HAND!!

That means play every card you can during the turn, even if it has no major effect for that moment in time.

That means when you discard (and you get one discard before drawing), get rid of a card....pick one and dump it.

That means the ONLY time you should hold onto a card is if you can use it for a great strategy in this turn OR next (not 'sometime, when things are just right'). Do not hold a card for more than two turns.

That means you should always try to draw as close to four cards each turn as possible!!!!

Why? Because this strategy forces you to effect the game constantly ...and it is the honest truth that 2 or more little bothersome effects on the Heroes per turn is better than waiting for 1 Big effect every other turn. Every little card played harrasses them into changing their plans and confusing them. It also (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT) frees you up to draw more bothersome cards and the next one MIGHT actually be a real big killer! Maybe not...but you have to CYCLE to find out!

Since i have started this, I haven't lost. Now, it's thier time to try to sharpen their tactics!!!

-Fate!
Look through the deck (not during play) and see which card play well off each other. Anything that lets your zombies make extra moves is good. Nothing freaks the heroes out more then when a zombie (or several) suddenly "run" at them.

And

Try to seperate the heroes, remember strength in numbers = bad for zombies. Heroes MUST move straight through doors a single zombie can stop most heroes in their tracks.
try to build a wall with zombies and try to encircle the heroes while they are in buildings.

Go after solo humans more than group of heroes.
once you've wounded a hero, pour it on! Keep going after him/her
(04-25-2011 10:51 PM)thegamelord Wrote: [ -> ]once you've wounded a hero, pour it on! Keep going after him/her

One of my personal favourites is blocking doors, which is very useful in stalling for time.

Stalling for "reinforcements" is the obvious one, but don't forget the simple thing about making it harder for the heroes to complete their task effectively by sundown. I'm not trying to say win by time running out, although it can be effective to achieve the victory, but I find it pushes the Heroes to do something different or rash... then I pounce!!
Make sure to use your angles correctly with buildings that contain shooters or vice versa. Being only able to move one space at a time plus a sharp shooter with hot dice might be destroying you. Cut off the buildings where they can pick up guns and go after any butch and or sundance wannabe.
My friends and I just started playing this game earlier this week for the first time. With me being zombies playing the basic scenario, Die Zombies Die, I was barely even able to get a scratch on them. They all took refuge in the Diner, and by the time my zombies got close enough, they would shotgun or smash their faces in almost instantly. Then by the time my lumberin horde would FINALLY make it back over there, they each were able to search two or three times and stockpile Ammo, Weapons, and first aid kits. I think I only ever managed to win two fights and both times they prevented the two wounds from even happening. I sure am glad to read these tips! Will definitely try emptying my hand ASAP every turn. Maybe then I'll stand a chance! LOL
Keep your zombies in groups of 2 and keep the heroes moving early on before they can stock pile a bunch of weapons/items. Zombie17 They are less likely to sit still and search if you double up your zombies!
Surprised nobody has posted about using the centre board, for quicker movement - meaning when the Manor House isn't in play.

Instead of moving zombies up the side of the outer boards, make a bee-line towards the centre board via diagonal movement.

Really effective with movement cards like Shamble, Relentless Advance, Closing In, etc etc.
Yea, one thing I keep on forget is that a H needs to stop in a square with a zombie in it. Make sure your zombies line up! That's always a good rule for success.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's