TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Using weapons and healing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. So if I have the revolver say and have to fight a zombie in my square,Do I have to call and say im going to use the gun and just roll 1 dice? Or is that just for a ranged attack? Or would I roll my 2 dice as normal and if I get a 4+ its a kill since I have the revolver?

2. The recovery and faith they say play on any hero,Does this just mean who ever draws it can use it,or does it mean you can help someone else out across the board?
It also says play on any hero except during a fight,So say its the zombies turn they moved 2 zombies to my square and I already have a wound and have to fight,Now seeing how its the zombies turn I Cant play this card for the first or 2nd fight I would just have to roll for my life without useing and cards right?
Or say it was my turn and I moved my hero into a square with 2 zombies,I fought the 1st zombie and took a wound,Right after I take the wound could I play my recovery card and take the wound away before the 2nd fight?

3.What is the purpose of the bat,It says can be used multiple times during a fight,so you roll 2 dice your first time,then say you want to use a bat,do you keep rolling "checking to see if it breaks between turns" to you finally get a double?
1: Refer to the player turn order reference card. You do each of those phases in order for each hero. The revolver only matters during "use a ranged weapon". It doesn't do anything at all during a normal zombie fight.

2: Event cards are owned by PLAYERS not HEROES. The player can use the event card however he sees fit, anywhere on the board.

"Except during a fight" each fight is its own. If he has to fight three zombies, he could be healed up in between them. You can't, however, start with 2 of 3 wounds taken, and see how the dice roll, and heal mid-fight when you see he'd take another wound and die. You'd have to choose to heal before the combat (for maximal safety) or after the combat (with that gamble).

3: You can use the bat multiple times!!! You've got it. You can use it to get a fight dice, and then see if it breaks. If it didn't break, you can choose to use it again for yet another fight dice, and check to see if it breaks again. As long as it doesn't break, you can keep giving yourself more fight dice.
So if I have the gun and a zombie lands in my square on the zombies turn,Could I try to use the gun first before the fight starts or is this just considered a regular no weapon fight?
Of if I move into a zombie square with the gun could I try to shoot seeing how its my turn being the hero and if missed just begin the fight normally?
Now the bat I get how you can keep rolling and checking,But do you just re-roll the 3rd dice,or do you leave it down and roll a 4th,check with another dice if it doesnt break,leave the 4th down and roll a 5th and so on? So you would have like 5 dice laying there till you match something up? Or only your 2 regular dice and just keep re-rolling a 3rd "so no more then 3 dice in play?"
Look at the phases of the turn. That should help you see how the fights vs. ranged attacks work.

On the zombie turn, the zombies get to attack the heroes. This is a fight, and guns cannot be used in a fight. Melee weapons can be, but ranged weapons are not used in fights; they are only used during the ranged attack phase of the hero turn.

So on a hero turn, yes, you can shoot the zombie, and if it survives, you can then fight the zombie (without the gun); but on the zombie turn, you just fight the zombie (without the gun).

And with the bat, keep adding additional dice. Leave the previous dice where they fell.

Hope that helps!
Yes that clears that up Watchmen02
Ok now what about 2 items say a bat and a meat cleaver.
Do I have to say what weapon im using or is like automatic,Like say I battle a zombie and grab my 3rd dice using the combat bonus of the bat and roll Z-3 H-2,4 and I keep rolling using the bat trying to make a make a double for a kill and then I roll a 3 then a 6 after that. Now the the cleaver says its a kill on a roll of 6,Now is this a kill since I have the cleaver but was using the bat's combat bonus?
Using weapons is not automatic. I suggest starting by just rolling two dice. If you need them, then continue adding dice.

However, if you have the meat cleaver and the bat, then yes, if you choose to use both, the cleaver's bonus can apply to dice which came from the baseball bat.
Reference URL's