TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Emp's Zombie replacements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Over time I will try and replace all my "original" zombies from LNEO.

So here is the first ones that will see some playing time soon (I hope)

Brittany
[Image: Brittany.jpg]

Grace
[Image: nun.jpg]

Ginger
[Image: ginger.jpg]

Bubba
[Image: bubba.jpg]

Charlotte
[Image: charlotte.jpg]

Bonky
[Image: bonky.jpg]

Chuckles
[Image: chuckles.jpg]

Honky
[Image: honky.jpg]
YEAH!! Good to see these painted up I was just wondering yesterday how you were getting on with them.
Did you paint them all at once?
Did you enjoy painting them?
Which colour undercoat?
Which brand of paints? 'cos the colours look really vibrant on the clowns.
I love the clowns. I will have to get some to add to my shambling horde! Great paint job too! I like how you added the rock to the sweet little girl's base. I know you're not a fan of Zombies with Grave Weapons but Honky would make a perfect Bloated Body. They're all good but my favorite paint job and fig is Honky.

Cheers for sharing!Watchmen02
Thank you master for your kind words.
And to answer your questions:
1) Yes I painted them all at once, using the same colours on some figures.
2) I found it hard to get back into painting after been away from it for over a year (due to other stuff that gets priority) but I enjoyed it yeah Watchmen02
3) The undercoat is skull white from the citadel (?) spraycans
4) The colours I used are my very old citadel miniatures paint (you might remember those different coloured boxes, different colours of paints in one box, basic, monsters, spacemarines and I forgot the rest.
I used to use the inks as well but now for these I got the citadel washes.
But because I'm not happy with the new citadel (or is it GW now?) I decided to by my new colours from Valejo.
So you could say it's a cocktail of different brands Watchmen02

The rock on the little girls base is there by acident actualy. I just used dirt from the garden and popped the figures bases in it with some wood glue.
The rock came out great huh? Watchmen02

And Honky...yeah I will use him as a bloated zombie. Funny thing is he got his name from the very first game we played with him.
Every time he got moved around I made this horn sound, like some clowns do instead of having footsteps. So that is how he got his name.

Friday I have to go in for surgery and I will have to stay home from work for 3 weeks so I think I will be starting on my great zedsby set.

Thanks again for the nice words Trev Watchmen02
Beautiful! I also really like the vibrant colors on everybody. I think Charolette is my favorite, but it is very hard to pick. I also really like Honky. All of the clowns are very well done. Hey, that cheerleader looks kinda familiar. Are these all from the same company?

I never intended to replace my zombies, but you and the Samurai make a pretty convincing argument. If I run out of stuff to paint, I will definitely get some unique zeds for my game.

You painted them all at once? How long did it take? Again, great job, and thanks for sharing the pics!
Nice work, Steve!!

I love the basing and the colours.

Just one question why am I feeling the need to reach in and squeeze that big boil on Honky's belly? Zombie03 Zombie17
(04-28-2011 12:53 AM)zombie67 Wrote: [ -> ]Just one question why am I feeling the need to reach in and squeeze that big boil on Honky's belly? Zombie03 Zombie17

Yep I hear ya. He's kind of a cross between a zombie and bubble wrap Zombie17
(04-28-2011 12:10 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, that cheerleader looks kinda familiar. Are these all from the same company?

They are indeed all from the same company, except the 3 clowns.
The clowns are from Tengu Models and all the others are from Cold War Mini's.

The Tengu Models are realy detailed and of a higher quality then the Cold War ones in my opinion, if you plan on changing your zeds you just got to order some from there. The owner is a great guy too, sent me some bases I forgot to add to my order totaly for free. I even think he hangs around here sometimes too but I forgot his nickname.
The cool thing about Cold War Mini's is that you can order all zombies seperatly, not all companies do that due to molding sets and getting stuck with figures nobody wants.

I'm not realy sure how long it took to paint them all, I just painted and finished them when I had some spare time over a couple of weeks time.

(04-28-2011 12:53 AM)zombie67 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work, Steve!!

I love the basing and the colours.

Just one question why am I feeling the need to reach in and squeeze that big boil on Honky's belly? Zombie03 Zombie17

Thanks Watchmen02
I bet it would get messy if you pop that thing, it's huge! hehehe
Very impressed!! You've done an excellent job here Emp.

I've got those two zombie clowns (but not Poppy the Boil Boy)...
So now that the new camera (finaly) arived here are my new zombies.
Just finished two of them because I decided to finish my Malifaux first.
(I don't paint every day but once in a while I paint for a week and then stop again for some time. I don't know why...I guess I paint when I need peace of mind or something hehehe)

Here is my Chicken Guy from Studio Miniatures and one wich I call a Dead Mobster Franky from Tengu Models.

I still need to learn how to work with my camera though. Give me some time Watchmen02

The skintones are two different ones. My little experiments with different basecoats and washes.
FREAK'N AWESOME. I love the Zombie Clowns. I saw Charlotte and was amazed then "Send in the Clowns" Awesome !!!!! Then you topped it off with the Mascot Chicken. Your set just became very impressive, Awesome nice work.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's