TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Manor house question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So far I only played I only played die zombies die,and just played through a game solo just wanted to confirm a few rules. As far as I understand the rules it would play out the same except the only way to win is to have 9 zombies in the house at anytime,or the heros make it all night till the suntracker falls off.
First off I assume you play with all the cards since this is a advanced game?
Spawing new zombies do you roll a d6 to spawn new zombies at the end of your turn,or Only place them on the available Spawn X's?
So it doesnt matter how many heros die,just as long as there is not 9 zombies in the manor the game continues,But when a hero dies they do turn into a hero zombie right?
Now when they become a zombie hero,do you just leave them where they are or do you have to restart them at a spawning X?
Im looking forward to play this with a few people but just playing through by myself it seemed extremely hard for the heros?
But does this sound like I got the rules down?
- 9 zombies in the manor = instant win for Zombieplayer. Heroes win if the zombieplayer doesn't succeed by the time the suntrackmarker goes to 0.
- You play with all the cards, yes.
- Respawning new zombies is a D6 roll, correct. In this scenario you do not need to check if you get new zombies.
They spawn on the different zombie pits but need to be devided evenly starting with the empty X.
So for example spawning 6 zombies on one pit is a big no no, you got to devide them. (wich can sometimes be a big bummer for the Zed Player Watchmen02)
- Zombie Heroes just turn into zombies where they died. No need to respawn. General rule also is that when 4 heroes die that it is "game over" and a win for the Zed's.
And heroes only turn into zombie heroes if there is a zombie event played on them or they die when the suntracker is still in the black area on the suntrack marker.

So to win the manor house scenario as a HERO:
You need to prevent 9 zombies from entering the Manor House.

To win as a Zombie Player.
- Get 9 zombies inside the house
- Kill 4 heroes
- The Hero deck is empty
The last two "rules"....they are basic rules but if you decide not to use them, that is fine too. That's what we call "houserules" overhere Zombie03

Also check the rulebook on page 20, there is a little more explanation there about the house itself.
Corners are explained and also the heroes can not search in the Manor House.

Good luck and happy gaming!
I also have a question: Heroes can win this scenario? o_o I played the scenario four times with different players. And for four times the zombies win after only three round with 11 or more zobies in the house.
Yes, heroes can win. I find this scenario actually the "most balanced". It's always given about 50/50 odds and victory condition wins are usually in the last couple of turns when they happen.

Drawing the zombies with their hunger out by positioning the heroes in harms way is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
(06-25-2011 06:36 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, heroes can win. I find this scenario actually the "most balanced". It's always given about 50/50 odds and victory condition wins are usually in the last couple of turns when they happen.

Drawing the zombies with their hunger out by positioning the heroes in harms way is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
You mean like a bait? ...we have tried a couple of times... but the zombies have squashed us, and after no one have tried again to use lure. Normally my players do not try to help each other ...perhaps because we are Italian :P
I was butchered when (jock) had the blitz ability and used the FENCE POST. Mashed up 6 zombies or so.
Rosacarnis: cooperation is extremely important for heroes to have any chance at all. If the heroes don't work together, then they're pretty much screwed, no matter what the scenario.
(06-25-2011 06:08 PM)Rosacarnis Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a question: Heroes can win this scenario? o_o I played the scenario four times with different players. And for four times the zombies win after only three round with 11 or more zobies in the house.

No, they cannot. They get stomped by the 4 death rule every time I play it! I love being Zeds. Zombie11
We played this for the first time last Saturday and it was an easy hero win. So easy in fact we were wondering if we were playing it wrong?

We just hung out in the gun store and let the zombie "hunger" towards us and we mowed them down. Since really only one spawn pit forced any zombie even close to the Manor House, I don't think more than a couple even passed through it.

Are we missing something?
Wade: your method is sound, but how did you play zombie hunger? Because usually someone has to be in the line of fire for zombie hunger to be super destructive with guns. Did you have a strong melee fighter in your group?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's