TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: HELP, I suck!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I started painting my ATOE figures and well...they're really detailed.
Because I don't have oodles of time I decided to find an alternative and came across the following pics. Sounded good untill I started painting...
And then the paint hit the fan...what I ended up with was a disaster, it's like a person blindfolded, trapped in a bag, who hates painting tried to paint these figures...is it that bad...yep...check it out for yourself.
what's wrong???
my figures are black primered
any suggestions are welcome
The EMP told me that there are people that will paint figures for you, so if you're out there, how much like that cost??

THX for listening and laughing at the monster I've created Watchmen02

the Kiddarqo
[attachment=670]
[attachment=671]
Welll.....that ain't bad...I could give some advice to get a better effect (try a dip in wood stain)....or i could paint them for you or paint them like this: http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/ind...?cat=11509

PM if interested! (I could use the work!)
Is the first pic what you were going for, and the second pic what you got? From the last pic in your OP, it looks like maybe the different colors/layers of paint were not fully dry when the next one was applied? What method did you use to do this? The figs in the first pic look kinda cool. I think they look better than the original grey plastic. I like the red bases.
hmmmm....according to what you told me yesterday I expected A LOT worse mate hehehe
On the pic yours looks more like it has been carved out of stone Watchmen02

What went wrong? Well to be honest I think you just started out wrong. I think the figs in the original pic were primed in white, given a wash with Devlan Mud wash and then drybrushed and highlighted with some very light brown.
Very very light brown! I think EMP is right, what colours etc. did you use for your fig? And where did you find the picture of the others?

Cheerio,
ST

Oh found it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/70319...tural-game
Ok, did a bit of digging, as I like the way they look too!

Here is the original recipe:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/54533...tural-game

White prime, bleached bone, sepia wash. I think I would follow EMPs way though:

White prime, devlan mud wash, drybrush with very very light brown or bleached bone. Actually I think Ill do that in a little time.

Cheerio,
St
aaah, ok thx guys,
now I gots to gets to the blackborder for some stuff,
damn, to bad I already primered my figures in black, I'm gonna try and paint it over with the boney color and then add the wash to it, I'll keep ya posted how that worked out!!!

cheers dudes
Zombie03
(05-13-2011 02:40 PM)Kiddarqo Wrote: [ -> ]aaah, ok thx guys,
now I gots to gets to the blackborder for some stuff,
damn, to bad I already primered my figures in black, I'm gonna try and paint it over with the boney color and then add the wash to it, I'll keep ya posted how that worked out!!!

cheers dudes
Zombie03

If you''ve already primed in black, you could try drybrushing on some white or bone...it might give you a really nice stonelike effect.

w.
What Willco said! I bet that would turn out pretty nice, with minimum extra effort.
hey,
I think I'm gonna try that on one of the figures and see how that turns out, a little statue figure, hell yeah...why not!!
thx Willco

greets
Reference URL's