TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Character Creator program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I am currently creating a program that lets people make there own heroes, It can be found here: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...g-a-member

Anyway, I would love to get some input on things it needs.

Right now, I am working on a balancing system, and according to what I have seen, a 6 point system works out best, here is what I have come up with so far:

Amanda
2 wounds 2pts
Beautiful 1pt
Hide 1pt
Youth 2pts

Rachelle
3 wounds 3pts
On duty 1pt
Intuition 2pt

Sam
4 wounds 4pts
Brawling 2pts

Kenny
2 wounds 2pts
Cleanup on Aisle 2pts
Youth 2pts

Becky
3 wounds 3pts
First aid 3pts

Sheriff Anderson
3 wounds 3pts
Sheriff 1pt
Man of Action 2pt

Jenny
2 wounds 2pt
Handy 1pt
Farm girl 1pt
youth 2pt

Sally
2 wounds 2pt
light weight -1pt
lucky 3pt
youth 2pts

Jake
3 wounds 3pts
Resourceful 3pts

Billy
2 wounds 2pts
trackstar 2pts
youth 2pts

Father John
3 wounds 3pts
holy man -1pt
spirit of strength 3pts

Johnny
2 wounds 2pts
tough 1pt
blitz 1pt
youth 2pts

Mr. Goddard
3 wounds 3pts
fire 1pt
quick thinking 2pt

Stacy
3 wounds 3pts
daring 1pt
reckless 2pts

Victor
3 wounds 3pts
convict -1pt
lock pick 1pt
rage 3pt

Jade
2 wounds 2pts
youth 2pts
rebellious 2pts

of course the 6pt system will be optional, and I am including the option to make your own abilities, so any input would really be helpful. Thanks
holy man -1pt
I'd put it at 0. It does have its benefit, unlike Sally's.

trackstar 2pts
I'd make it 1 point. It's well-known that Billy is underpowered.
(05-16-2011 05:29 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]holy man -1pt
I'd put it at 0. It does have its benefit, unlike Sally's.

trackstar 2pts
I'd make it 1 point. It's well-known that Billy is underpowered.

0 shouldn't be an option. Only because it serves no balancing purpose.

trackster shouldn't be 1, because it actually adds another move space, that is not a weak ability in this game, combined with blitz @ 1pt means that they can add another ability like

clean up
hide + another ability or health
tough + another ability or health
intuition

and now you have a hero or can walk far and is somehow strong

in my opinion with playing as billy, he is balanced, that extra move is a life saver. But thank you for the input, the feedback does help with keeping things balanced, and if you have any ways to negate what I said, please do so
It truly is zero. It makes you immune to a really potent card, but also carries a pretty potent downside. People wouldn't be just adding it to every character. Plus, as-written, Father Joe is only 5 points. He's certainly not weaker than anyone else.

Re: Track Star, look around the forums. I'm not the only one who feels its quite underpowered. It can, in rare times, shine in situations. Overall, though, it's pretty weak. I'm looking at it in isolated. I see what you mean about Tough and Blitz with it.

Thus is the problem always encountered with point systems versus wholistic systems. Insane19 I do appreciate the work and look forward to how it works out. You might up it from 6 to something else, to increase precision.
(05-16-2011 06:09 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]It truly is zero. It makes you immune to a really potent card, but also carries a pretty potent downside. People wouldn't be just adding it to every character. Plus, as-written, Father Joe is only 5 points. He's certainly not weaker than anyone else.

Re: Track Star, look around the forums. I'm not the only one who feels its quite underpowered. It can, in rare times, shine in situations. Overall, though, it's pretty weak. I'm looking at it in isolated. I see what you mean about Tough and Blitz with it.

Thus is the problem always encountered with point systems versus wholistic systems. Insane19 I do appreciate the work and look forward to how it works out. You might up it from 6 to something else, to increase precision.

wow, lol I completely missed that, about him being 5, that changes everything, perhaps I can make holy man 1pt and spirit of strength 2,
since I never felt that it should be 3 to begin with.

I don't know how else to handle the balancing system, perhaps make trackstar 1.5pts and round up, but that is why I am including the option to not use it haha, just trying to kind a good way to keep the heroes balanced, because I have seen some of the custom cards made on here, and a few heroes seem over powered. I played with the L4D characters, and they are vastly over powered (in the game they are grossly underpowered, ironic?)

BTW, thanks for your post on the heroes pack, that has not come in the mail yet for me and trying to find what their abilities were was a real hassle
Jut noticed Rachelle's On Duty (Start: Revolver + Flashlight) and Anderson's Sheriff (Start: Revolver) are given the same value. I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and allow halves/quarters.
Billy is very situationally useful (read "not ever useful at all"), like Jenny. I bet that both "Tough" and "Blitz" are used way more effectively in our games than trackstar, but they are given only half the weight.

I really like your idea of standardizing the the character-generation process. Like MQ, though, I also think more resolution may be needed. Also, maybe a spread for the final number, IE 1-5 points for each power, and the hero has to be 9-12 points (or whatever). Some are meant to be a bit better than others; thus the fear of random picking. Oh how I hates Billy... no way he is as strong as ASH!
(05-16-2011 11:31 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Billy is very situationally useful (read "not ever useful at all"), like Jenny. I bet that both "Tough" and "Blitz" are used way more effectively in our games than trackstar, but they are given only half the weight.

I really like your idea of standardizing the the character-generation process. Like MQ, though, I also think more resolution may be needed. Also, maybe a spread for the final number, IE 1-5 points for each power, and the hero has to be 9-12 points (or whatever). Some are meant to be a bit better than others; thus the fear of random picking. Oh how I hates Billy... no way he is as strong as ASH!

Thats why I posted my ideas here haha, get some input outside my own bias

I have updated a working version of my character creator for people to test
I'm trying your character builder so far i like it thanks for posting the program.

I just created a Redneck character hope he works.
The program doesn't seem to want to change the amount of Wound Counters on the card. Other than that, it works great!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's