TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: nice and easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yo dudes,
first I would like to thank everyone for the helpfull tips they were really...well...helpfull Watchmen02
first I went with EMP's advice and use a devlan mud wash on the bleached bone layer and I had a real good result. I did the wash 2 times and ended up with a little highlighting here and there.
check pics for the result.

Then I went with Willco's advice and just did a little highlighting on the black primered figs using a space wolves grey color. I also did the faces and hands and I think the end result is pretty cool too so I decided to do 8 figs the sepia way and 8 the stoney way.

I did like 12 figs already and just have to do the last 4 of the black primered figs and I'm done.
I would recommend this type of painting for all those people who just don't have the time and skill to really paint the figs.

Furthermore a big shout-out to all those crazy dudes and dudettes who DO take the time to paint there figs and take it to an unreal level, I've seen some pieces that are amazing, I stand in awe!!!

Anyway check out the results and tell me what you think
cheers
tha Kid
[attachment=673][attachment=674]
[attachment=675]
Sweet mother of god, they turned out nice bro!
I can't really say wich ones I prefer, they both look different and totally cool. I'm glad I could kick you out of that "I can't paint for shit!" whole you fell into Watchmen02
Great Job, man!
I must admit Kidd I'm impressed with the last picture. The flesh really jumps out and makes a great contrast with the dark clothes. I think you've got effective looking results. I think the first two pics need a bit more (contasts again) as they look like ghosts or statues (which is fine if that's what you're going for!)

I think people could follow your techniques from the third pic. and get good looking results fast.

+1 Rep for your innovative approach. Thanks for sharing.
Wow! From the first attempt to this just goes to show us all what a little practice and a healthy respect for the failure process can produce. These look really cool. I think I may even prefer the statue style of the first ones, but I really like the darker ones to. Thanks for sharing these with us. They all came out really good. I think I like the bandit in the first pic the best (don't have the expansion yet, so I don't know his name).
(05-17-2011 03:27 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit Kidd I'm impressed with the last picture. The flesh really jumps out and makes a great contrast with the dark clothes. I think you've got effective looking results. I think the first two pics need a bit more (contasts again) as they look like ghosts or statues (which is fine if that's what you're going for!)

I think people could follow your techniques from the third pic. and get good looking results fast.

+1 Rep for your innovative approach. Thanks for sharing.

hey, thx man
well I was going for a statue kind of look so I think I'll leave it at that, pictures always brightens them up a bit so in real life there's a little darker, probably 'cause of the flash from the camera.
but anyway thx for the support and the one up on my rep
cheers
Reference URL's