TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Double Dueling Dice Tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put all my mini painting on hold for a bit to pursue a different project that I felt was quickly becoming more necessary for our game nights. I was tired of everyone throwing the dice through all of the action and hitting pieces, denting the board, etc. I had seen dice towers before, mostly of similar designs, and there was one thing I always didn't like about them. They only allow one person to roll at a time. I like when the rolls are simultaneous; it feels more like a battle.

So I came up with this idea after finding a small wooden tray at Michael's craft store for $1.50. The towers are made from "hobby board," of which I bought a large sheet at home Depot for $3.00. The "roof" on the center wall is made of a piece of moulding I bought at HD for about $1.50.

I built a practice tower out of cardboard first to get the dimensions of the pieces right. Each tower has three rectangular walls and two triangular inner bumpers to roll the dice around and direct them toward the center wall in the tray. The towers are held together with super glue, and are free-standing in the dice tray. They can be removed; I removed one to get the front view pic below. The center wall can be removed also, so I can change the felt out for different colors or if it gets messed up. I like the red because it matches the cool red and black dice I picked up for LNOE and ATOE, cuz they have rounded edges.

It works really well. It is really cool for LNOE because the rolls happen at the same time, and the dice can all be compared very easily after the rolls. Whaddya think, Deadites?

Dueling Dice Tower:
[Image: Dice_Tower_Isometric.JPG]

Top View:
[Image: Dice_Tower_Top_1.JPG]

Front View (One Tower Removed):
[Image: Dice_Tower_Front.JPG]
Now that is a dice tower! I love the color scheme and the fact that they are facing off* ! Good job.
Awesome!!!
Thanks guys. I was surprised how well it came out, all for under $10.
That is pretty sweet! Nice build Watchmen02
Now that is a cool thing. I have never seen that before....never even heard of a thing called "dicetower"
Nice work dude!
These are some of my dice towers and trays. I just build mine from foambard. Very inexpensive and solid. The large black tower, I built 5 years ago. It has held up to many games and a lot of travelling.

[Image: 30c12bf3cd0f.jpg]
That black castle tower is really cool looking. Foamboard would have been much simpler and cheaper. Good idea. Working with the wood was somewhat of a hassle. Lots of sanding and sawing.
Don't get me wrong, your towers look great! I just do not have the tools to work in wood.
Reference URL's