TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: 7-10 Player idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been thinking about what might add a bit more chaos to some games, and also how to incorporate more players into a game. What if there was another team of cannibals who like the heroes must try and avoid the zombies, but also try to make food out of the heroes. Like the heroes they would be able to use items and would follow all of the same rules. I think I might present this at my next game and see how well it goes and tweak rules from there. If anyone else has any input on this please present them! Zombie17
(05-28-2011 02:46 PM)Modembug Wrote: [ -> ]So I have been thinking about what might add a bit more chaos to some games, and also how to incorporate more players into a game. What if there was another team of cannibals who like the heroes must try and avoid the zombies, but also try to make food out of the heroes. Like the heroes they would be able to use items and would follow all of the same rules. I think I might present this at my next game and see how well it goes and tweak rules from there. If anyone else has any input on this please present them! Zombie17

Designing rules for player on player combat can be tricky. I made the rules below for a hero v. hero v. zombie scenario (LNOE game show scenarios). I tried to include all of the different rules and situations, so it is a little long. The pushing idea was so someone who was attacked has a chance of running away after the fight and the ability to kick people out of a building or into zombies, which I thought was a cool idea. I also wanted to make some rules for stealing weapons, but things were already complicated enough. But, take what you like and I look forward to future updates.

Pushing Hero fights: If you enter the same space as an enemy hero you must immediately fight that hero. The fights are the same as if both heroes were fighting a zombie, except both heroes roll 2 fight die, the beaten hero is always “pushed” (described below) and only if the winning hero rolls doubles is the beaten hero wounded. If the two highest die rolled are a tie the fight is a draw and the attacking player moves 1 space in any direction with no fight die penalty (this is not considered fended off or beaten in a fight), unless one of the heroes has “wins on ties,” if both have “wins on ties” they cancel each other. If the attacking hero does not get pushed and has more movement points they may continue moving. If there are 2 or more enemy heroes in the space the attacking hero must fight one or both of the heroes (defenders choice) before being pushed, if both defending heroes fight and win they may add their push values together to determine how far the attacker is pushed. If only one fight occurs and the defenders lose, both of the defenders are pushed in the same direction for the same number of spaces (the non-fighting hero was watching scared or injured and when his partner is pushed he/she chases after). A hero on one team may not end their turn in the same space as a hero from another team, each hero may only fight each other hero once per turn and cards and abilities work the same as if against a zombie (except kill only wounds a hero)

pushing: The winning hero must move the losing hero up to the difference of pips between the 2 heroes’ highest rolls (minimum of 1) in a straight line in any direction away from their shared space, if it is the turn of the pushed hero he loses the rest of his turn. A hero cannot be pushed through walls or into other heroes, but can be pushed through doors and into zombies, this movement is stopped on zombies. A hero pushed into a group of zombies must fight all zombies in the space before moving with a 1 fight die penalty (basically he is fighting them as he is getting up), this penalty does not apply to zombies who move into the space after the character is pushed. If the zombies turn comes first, the hero will fight them at the zombie fight phase (w/ the penalty) then move and fight normally during his next turn otherwise the fight happens before the pushed hero's move-action.

Hero-hero ranged attacks: Heroes may use ranged weapons on other heroes as if they are zombies, but there is a -1 penalty to gun rolls (this does count towards out of ammo) and each successful hit only does a single wound. (heroes are more agile than zombies so it is harder to hit them and in turn you would waste more ammo in the attempt)

*cleaver balance – When used against enemy heroes, instead of instant killing, if the cleaver bearer rolls a 6 at any time (even if the 6 is re-rolled) and the cleaver bearer wins the fight the other hero is wounded even if no doubles were rolled.
I've been trying to find a way to incorporate HvH combat, but haven't found a system that I'm completely satisfied with.

I think basically changing any time you would wound/kill a zombie, the H would just take one wound instead.

It seems like it could be good, but I haven't tested it out extensively yet.
Reference URL's