TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Conan the Barbarian.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is best in life?

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. "

Here's my take on Conan. This one obviously more of the Schwarzenegger version...

[Image: conan-1.jpg]

[Image: conanback-1.jpg]

[Image: conanbe.jpg]

The mini started off as Hasslefree's Wolf, but with a few simple conversions works fantastic as old Arnie. On the FORUM OF DOOM Mr Hasslefree himself confirmed that Arnie was indeed the basis for Wolf....So I guess this is full circle.

I'm amazed at how well Kev White captured the look of the former Governor. Not sure if it shows up here as well, but Insane20Insane20

I added hair, a headband, wristwraps, and filed the sword down a bit.

Anyhow, hope you like it!
Dang, that is very nice! How many layers do you use for your flesh work?
Great conversion!
I've just checked out Hasslefree's Wolf. The work has paid off my friend! Nice paintwork too, especially the face!

Thanks for sharing
Awesome stuff!!
Nice....but is a willing Housekeeper included?

OD
Damn! That was some nice painting. Impressive.
(06-23-2011 11:23 PM)phantomninja Wrote: [ -> ]How many layers do you use for your flesh work?

Lots! I try and do everything with really thin paint, as it goes on smooth if you build it up right.

But I'm not as patient as I should be in letting each layer dry, which is why there are some rough patches.

Anyhow, I usually start with a few layers of my darkest skin tone, and then slowly try and build up the highlights using thin lighter shade paint. Then I'll glaze over it with super thin paint (basecoat) to try and blend the transitions back.

@ALL Thanks for the kind comments! It really makes it fun when you can get a positive response!
Really love the muscles on his back (but not in that sort of way!). It looks like tiny bits of pure white paint ont he very tips of the muscle. The colors blend so well.

I graduated from San Jose State in CA in 2007. Arnie's signature is on my Diploma. Sweet! Always loved that line in the movie.
Ooooh, nice work! I love the 5 o'clock shadow he's sporting. Well done!
Love it! By Crom, keep up the awesome work and showing us!
Reference URL's