TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Has anyone tried Project Zomboid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded it about a month ago and it is so good! It's a pc/web browser game. You have survive the Zombie Apocalypse! The on coming zombie doom is not the only thing you have to worry about, there is food you have to find, weapons, NPCs that are trying to survive as well some that will shoot you others that will help you, you also have a wife that has a broken leg, that you have to try and find supplies that will help mend her broken leg ... The atmosphere for the game is amazing the longer you survive the more the shit hits the fan, power starts failing, more zombies and so on and so on... I really can't do it justice with words so go here to check it out -------------------------------------------> http://projectzomboid.com/blog/ They have had a bit of a problem with those pesky pirates that would rather download a game then pay $8.50 for someones hard work it is also in Alpha stage so it is unfinished but they are constantly updating and improving or at least they will as soon as they fix a few problems and figure out how to make it less easy for a pirate to get the game and waste their bandwidth without paying for it but you can download version 1.4 of the desktop version! and I'm pretty sure that the desktop version is free but hey if you like it why not toss them some money to help out with one of the best games ever!
I downloaded it and gave it a shot, but I just wasn't able to really get into it. I know it's still in alpha and everything, but what they're using for graphics is just bad. Don't get me wrong, I can and still do play older games with outdated graphics, but these days it's not that difficult to actually get decent graphics in a game. At least SNES level hehe. It's pretty much the same reason I didn't get into minecraft. Why stare at blocked out, really bad graphics, when I can load up something like Overlord.
(07-04-2011 08:06 AM)atramagus Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded it and gave it a shot, but I just wasn't able to really get into it. I know it's still in alpha and everything, but what they're using for graphics is just bad. Don't get me wrong, I can and still do play older games with outdated graphics, but these days it's not that difficult to actually get decent graphics in a game. At least SNES level hehe. It's pretty much the same reason I didn't get into minecraft. Why stare at blocked out, really bad graphics, when I can load up something like Overlord.

But graphics aren't the main thing about that game which they will get better that's for sure but graphics are the last thing you should be worrying about when trying to deal with a hoard of the undead look at L4D1and2 graphically crap but amazing gameplay but hey if you didn't like it that's fine too different strokes for different folks :P
Well I tried it and more or less got stuck right away. How the hell do you rip up the sheets to make bandages?
(07-06-2011 03:53 AM)Mechanik Wrote: [ -> ]Well I tried it and more or less got stuck right away. How the hell do you rip up the sheets to make bandages?

use the sheet with the combing tool at the bottom of your inventory that will do! :P I love that game even though I have only made it 2 days and 22 hrs
I tried that and I couldn't get anything to happen when I tried to click on the crafting button.
(07-06-2011 05:02 PM)Mechanik Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that and I couldn't get anything to happen when I tried to click on the crafting button.

You running it on full screen? if so I had that same problem but I took it off FS and it worked just fine...
(07-06-2011 05:58 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote: [ -> ]You running it on full screen? if so I had that same problem but I took it off FS and it worked just fine...

No, windowed. I'll give it another go...
(07-06-2011 08:19 PM)Mechanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2011 05:58 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote: [ -> ]You running it on full screen? if so I had that same problem but I took it off FS and it worked just fine...

No, windowed. I'll give it another go...

well then ??? that sucks
Reference URL's