TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Fortune and Glory First Look and Q and A!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that as we get closer to GenCon 2011 and the release of Fortune and Glory, we'll start releasing more info and images for FANG. Right now you can find a basic page for the game as well as the final box cover and box back images on the Flying Frog Wiki page -

Fortune and Glory

This is a First look for TZG!

Also, if anyone has any questions about the game they want to ask I would be happy to answer them here for a bit before opening it up to BoardGameGeek sometime next week (if there's anything I can't answer yet, I'll just let you know). So if you have any burning questions about the game, speak up!

-Jason
Awesome! I can't wait to take a look at it at GenCon. Let's take a look... A few questions, if you have time:

* Great, I see there's a Cartwright. How many other cross-game "easter eggs" are we going to see? All those little things in COPE were great.
* Can the Nazis win in competitive mode? (everybody loses?)
* I'm curious about the switch to plastic bits (coins, etc) instead of the usual sheets of heavy board.
* I'd love to hear about the development time. This game appears to be your biggest yet. How long has it taken you guys?

Mary Beth has gotten better with every game. I hope this one continues the pattern.
Oh man, I am sooo looking forward to this. I love the theme of this game, and I am really looking forward to all of the new little plastic bits! I am a big fan of the minis from my LNOE and ATOE games; and FANG looks like it delivers beautifully on this front.

Thanks for the early peek, sir! Zombie17
Thanks for the "First Peek."My only question for now is when can we preorder this through FFP.

OD
(07-01-2011 04:27 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]* Great, I see there's a Cartwright. How many other cross-game "easter eggs" are we going to see? All those little things in COPE were great.

There are definitely a lot of little crossovers throughout all of the games. One thing a lot of people will discover right away is that Duke Dudley, British Lord (one of the playable Heroes in FANG) is none other than a younger version of 'The Duke' Hero from Conquest. There are a lot of little connections here and there, but giving them away when potentially spoil the fun.

(07-01-2011 04:27 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]* Can the Nazis win in competitive mode? (everybody loses?)

Not in standard Competitive Play. There is an optional rule in the back of the book for using a Vile Organization in the Competitive game. That's not to say that the Nazis aren't still a big part of the game in Competitive though (there's even a Nazi Enemies deck!). You will definitely still have run ins with deadly Nazi Villains here and there, taking hostages, trying to bury you alive, or even just trying to get the scoop on you during the hunt for an ancient occult artifact. You'll also have to face off against hordes of Nazi Soldiers and ruthless Mobsters that move in and take over cities around the globe. And did I mention the Nazi Zeppelin that flys around the board yet?

(07-01-2011 04:27 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]* I'm curious about the switch to plastic bits (coins, etc) instead of the usual sheets of heavy board.

Never fear, there are still a ton of solid cardboard counters to be had, but we wanted to really make the coins for the Fortune and the Glory resources special (afterall, they are the heart and soul of the theme/game).

(07-01-2011 04:27 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]* I'd love to hear about the development time. This game appears to be your biggest yet. How long has it taken you guys?

Fortune and Glory has been in development since 2001. Even aside from just the prototype that we have been playing and building on all these years, we have also been collecting up props and costumes (and even actors/models to play the characters) all that time as well.

It is kind of crazy the scope that the game has. It really is a globe-hopping adventure with photos taken all over the place (Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Hawaii, etc). And the number of Artifacts, Pulp era Vehicles, Enemies, Allies and what not is staggering. I think people are going to be really happy with how the game and the look for the theme have come together.

(07-01-2011 04:27 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Mary Beth has gotten better with every game. I hope this one continues the pattern.

There are some really great and unique music tracks on this soundtrack, from crackly/poppy vintage-sound piano to tribal jungle themes, the music has really hit an exciting place for this game!

-Jason

(07-01-2011 12:09 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the "First Peek."My only question for now is when can we preorder this through FFP.

OD

Pre-orders should be going up in a couple weeks, right around the start of GenCon timeframe.

-Jason
Just wanted to say thanks, Jason, for the exclusive and I am really looking forward to checking the game out!
Thanks for the scoop, Jason! I'm psyched to see it has solo play... I'm one lonely Sarku. Zombie23
but it is a completely different game system or you can use with other products?
(07-05-2011 10:11 AM)Rosacarnis Wrote: [ -> ]but it is a completely different game system or you can use with other products?

Fortune and Glory is a completely new game system and is not compatible with any other current products. It does have some similarities in how certain mechanics are handled (Hero skills are kind of similar to ATOE for instance), but it really is a very different game than any of our other titles.

- Jason
Be sure to also check out the new Fortune and Glory official website which just went live:

http://www.flyingfrog.net/fortuneandglory/

Thanks,
Scott

Art Director/Co-Founder
Flying Frog Productions, LLC
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's