TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Small sticks of dynamite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How come dynamite affects only one square while the gas marker affects 9 squares?

But when two dynamite are duct taped together it affects 9 squares as well?
Good question I think we need an ordnance expert on this one! Personally I would rather be next to a gas canister than a stick of dynamite but hey what do I know.Watchmen02
I would like to know the answer too.
Well, I am no 'ordnance expert' but I can give you and educated guess.

Dynamite is essentially a shaped charge. I should explode more upward than outward, while a gasoline can explosion would not only explode up, but would explode outward and throw burning gas all over the place.

How bout that?

jhwedmd
(08-16-2011 10:44 PM)jhwedmd Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I am no 'ordnance expert' but I can give you and educated guess.

Dynamite is essentially a shaped charge. I should explode more upward than outward, while a gasoline can explosion would not only explode up, but would explode outward and throw burning gas all over the place.

How bout that?

jhwedmd

I wonder if the FFP folks had thought about that...
Hey that makes a bit more sense thanks jhwedmd!
(08-16-2011 10:44 PM)jhwedmd Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I am no 'ordnance expert' but I can give you and educated guess.

How bout that?

jhwedmd

That sounds good to me, also when a hero uses gasoline I imagine they're dousing that space and all the surrounding spaces with gas, then you set off the actual can... so really it's like the gas can explodes taking out it's space, and the result of the explosion is that the spaces around it aren't 'exploding' so much as igniting from an explosion.

If you look at the gas marker it kind of looks like the gasoline has been flung about wildly.

From a rules standpoint dynamite is a ranged instant kill. Gasoline has to be ignited from afar and is therefore more dangerous to the hero.
Reference URL's