TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Day and Night during the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think about this idea?
I'd like to add to the game the variant about the day. Each time a turn end you change the time:

morning > afternoon > evening > night

It will influence events, combat against enemy or some encounter (for example the monastery may be closed at night) Movement during night turn may be more dangerous.. and other home variants.

I will try a test game with this rule, I will tell the result!

ciao!
I base my turns on Morning & Afternoon but it's just for Session Reports purposes ,my Inv.all go to bed at night.
It's an interesting idea,I trust you will have some advantages to night turns to balance out the increased dangers.

OD
For example, I think that the ADVANCED COOPERATIVE MISTERY PHASE CHART is, sometimes, very unbalanced in cooperative game with few heroes. It may be an idea to roll a dice only during the night turn. In this situation the heroes must end their movement in a safe location to prevent more damage.
The ACMPC can be brutal with a couple of heroes,it's been awhile but I remember we had a home rule that each Inv had to make a roll against their ?(that I don't recall)
& we only rolled on the ACMPC if one/both failed.

OD

PS-Found it :
2.At start of Mystery phase each Inv must
make a standard Cunning roll if both or either
fail must roll on Co-Op Table.
thanks! I think it's a nice rule. When I come back from holidays I will play with this!

I'm new with the game (I played Arkham horror adventures before ATOE), but I like it a lot. Do you have other home rules?
Yes

OD
I always assumed the mystery phase is what took place during the night since it had cards like the hour is late and howls in the night
Cool rule. I keep thinking it would be nice if it had good things for the players as well. This could add even more theme to the game imo.
You can check this out. It´s a Villain with a day and night wheel.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/25721...h-phantoms
Interesting, I had noticed this on BGG but never checked it out. I haven't played AToE
for some time but I do want to try this Villain.

OD
Reference URL's