TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Basic cards questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*** sorry, just saw I should have placed it in the rules section, maybe the mods can place it correctly***

Just played my first game yesterday and the ZP had a "play immediatly"card öh the horror" with said to take 3 zp cards. One of the was another öh the horror"card. Should this one also have played immediatly and as a result the ZP could have up to9 cards in the hand?

About "the new spawning pit"card: Does the ZP first chooses the L-tile and then rolls a D6? Cause if there are only 2 buildings on a tile that would mean that if there already is a spawning pit in one building, you could have 2 pits in one building (am I correct)?

Than "Resilient". Can this card be played in the HP turn, when the Zombieplayer loses his fight and got killed?

Braaains: is the use of this card been announced before the fightrolls or can you use it afterwards when the reults are known?

Thnaks for the help, you all!!
(1) Yes, you play those Play Immediately cards, even though they were drawn as part of Oh The Horror. Note that you'd draw all the indicated number of cards simultaneously -- thus if you have multiple Play Immediately cards drawn together, you can choose the order in which they are played.

(2) Reread the "rolling a random building" part of the rules. You first roll to see which tile is selected (see the corners of the center board), and then which building on that tile gets it. Yes, one building can have multiple spawning pits.

(3) Yes, of course! There are NO limitations to when cards can be played unless it says so on the card. The ZP isn't restricted to playing events on his turn, just as the HP are not restricted to playing their events on their turns. (Remember, items are always played face up attached to the hero when drawn.)

(4) It doesn't say on the card "Play before any dice are rolled..." or anything like that, so you can roll and see the results first.
Just to add a bit from what i misssed my first few games:

1. For the "Oh the horror" card, when you get 2, you do draw several cards and keep them until a specific time (I think the end of that zombie turn), then you must discard what you haven't used until you are back to 4. I remember reading that somewhere. Can anyone confirm?

2. For the timing of the "BBBRRAAIIINNSSS" card, and any cards used in a figth, I would recommend waiting until dice are rolled, so you don't end up wasting the card if you don't need it. All of our fights now start out with the basic number of dice, then the card playin comes after the initial roll. This is also true for heroes, so you don't end up breaking weapons you didn't need to use.
The card says: "At the start of your next turn, if you have more cards than your hand size will allow, discard down to your normal limits."
(08-15-2011 08:09 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]The card says: "At the start of your next turn, if you have more cards than your hand size will allow, discard down to your normal limits."
Nice, so you keep the extra cards through the next hero turn as well! This only ever came up for us once, but it is horrible for the heroes.
To be fair, the heroes have enough breaks. Zombie17
A other question: is rolling a double the only way to kill Zombies? (I know the thing with adding a herocard to raise or lower the amount of a d6 , but is there a other way?) I am losing game after game when i play zombies (as siad I am a staring player, so I have to figure out what I am doing wrong)
Doubles AND a die higher than the zombies' are the only way to kill zombies (excluding cards). You have to win the fight (highest die) before you check for doubles to see if you also killed the defeated zombie.
Reference URL's