TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: [split]The Gauntlet Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I tried to Play your Gaunlet, my foot race idea. I seperated the Hero deck as follows, favorite Item, weapons of mass destruction, Gas/dyno & lighters, faith in the church - no matter where it is, Townfolks with the Heals, Events, Items, and guns. I might be forgeting a pile ? The biggest problem we had was the funneling the board created. As a zombie player Im ok with it. I might need to add a 3 or 4 square minimum transition from one rectangle to the next. I also may need to add more replenish. Silly humans
(08-24-2011 07:26 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]So, I tried to Play your Gaunlet, my foot race idea. I seperated the Hero deck as follows, favorite Item, weapons of mass destruction, Gas/dyno & lighters, faith in the church - no matter where it is, Townfolks with the Heals, Events, Items, and guns. I might be forgeting a pile ? The biggest problem we had was the funneling the board created. As a zombie player Im ok with it. I might need to add a 3 or 4 square minimum transition from one rectangle to the next. I also may need to add more replenish. Silly humans

The funnelling is a difficult part of the scenario, but when I decided the setup the funneling was similar for each side and limits the ability for heroes to just charge past all of the zombies, but once again all heroes have a permanent weapon, zombies still have to be divided up evenly across all spawn points and there are powerful weapons all around the map in my setup. So, it shouldn't be too crazy for the heroes.

And if you still don't like it add extra doors on buildings, one of the expansions specifically gives you several extra door chits, so have each team put down an extra door on any wall of a building before play (if you don't have that expansion use something around the house to represent it, pennies would probably work great)
(08-25-2011 06:29 PM)nitro9090 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2011 07:26 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]So, I tried to Play your Gaunlet, my foot race idea. I seperated the Hero deck as follows, favorite Item, weapons of mass destruction, Gas/dyno & lighters, faith in the church - no matter where it is, Townfolks with the Heals, Events, Items, and guns. I might be forgeting a pile ? The biggest problem we had was the funneling the board created. As a zombie player Im ok with it. I might need to add a 3 or 4 square minimum transition from one rectangle to the next. I also may need to add more replenish. Silly humans

The funnelling is a difficult part of the scenario, but when I decided the setup the funneling was similar for each side and limits the ability for heroes to just charge past all of the zombies, but once again all heroes have a permanent weapon, zombies still have to be divided up evenly across all spawn points and there are powerful weapons all around the map in my setup. So, it shouldn't be too crazy for the heroes.

And if you still don't like it add extra doors on buildings, one of the expansions specifically gives you several extra door chits, so have each team put down an extra door on any wall of a building before play (if you don't have that expansion use something around the house to represent it, pennies would probably work great)

Hi, Its not that I dont like it. My Zombies Rock it, mabye to hard Watchmen02 I have added doors before and I even thought about adding more. I like the funneling "Come to Mama Watchmen02" I do think there is a balance in here. I want to try it as a Hero, but I cant find anyone who can/will Zombie. I think the key is playing on Hunger and sacrifice.
Reference URL's