TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: monster and villain charaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm working on some monster and villain characters for a variant I've been working on,and was looking for some input on balancing the characters or improvements. Without further ado here are some of my roughdraft characters.

"dead" old man withers and daisey
zombie-human and dog
wounds:4
movement:2 spaces once two wounds have been taken then 1
combat: 2d6 once two wounds have been taken then 1d6
ranged:n/a
prize: once defeated pick up old mans' "meds" first aid kit.

Chainsaw Charlie
zombie human
wounds:2
movement:1
combat:3d6
range:n/a
prize:once defeated equip hero with chainsaw

Hulking Ghoul
zombie mutant
wounds:3
movement: 1d3
combat:1d6 upon wounding hero may throw hero up to 3 spaces in any direction.
range:may throw a zombie that it shares a space with up to 3 spaces
prize: once defeated draw 2 hero cards

Death Maw
mutant
movement:2 spaces
combat:1d6 upon rolling a 6 eats hero character, loses on a tie
range:n/a
prize:contents of stomach- draw and reveal hero cards until 2 items are revealed equip those two items to hero shuffle other cards back into deck.

Tomb strider
mutant
movement:1d6
combat:1d6
prize: strider blood hero may roll 2 movement dice and pick the higher number

gurda lang "cat lady"
human psycho (human villains may not move through walls)
movement:1d3
combat:1d6-1
ranged: may throw a cat with a range of two spaces and on a roll of 5+ hero takes a wound
prize: draw hero card

reverend blight
ranged: may spawn 1 zombie in adjacent space per turn
prize: hero may take up to two faith cards from any pile

Micheal Jason Krueger "king of the psychos"
wounds:2 when killed the 1st time respawn 2 spaces behind any hero
combat:2d6
prize: hero may take any hand weapon from any pile and equip it (prize activates for both deaths)

Jarec Mccoy "Cannibal trapper"
movement:1d3 Upon entering a building that building gets a trap token
any hero entering , exiting or searching a building with a trap counter must roll a d6. On a roll of 1 or 2 the hero takes a wound and removes the trap token on a roll of 5 or 6 trap has been diarmed and remove trap token
prize:hero may set a trap in a building of their choice

Kane thrask "Strongarm thief"
combat:1d6 (if a hero takes a wound from kane and they have any items choose one at random and give it to kane) kane may use any items taken from heros
ranged: may used stolen ranged weapons.
prize: hero recieves all items stolen by kane or draws two hero cards.

tough skinned rotter
zombie
wounds:1 (may only take a wound from explosive weapons or if hero has a fire item.
movement:2
prize: may take torch from any pile and equip it to hero

Fleshwing
mutant
movement:1d6 (may not end movement in building) any hero fleshwing ecounters during movement is fought immediatly if hero takes a woud they are carried by fleshwing for the remainder of its movement or until another hero is encountered.
prize: upon defeat hero may 1d6 spaces
combat:

any comments, criticisms, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
These all look really cool. I like the Hulking Ghoul that tosses everyone around.

I am not sure if I understand how this works for reverend blight:
Quote:prize- pickup or search for up to 2 faith cards.

What is meant by "search for up to 2 faith cards?"
My guess is that it would either mean he can get a free search for faith twice (e.g., he can grab faith at the beginning of the game if he wants, and then he can grab it again for free ONE TIME without a church if loss of faith is played) or that he can immediately grab both faith cards from the deck and hold one in reserve. I'd lean toward the former.
What is the range on the cat lady's cat throwing ability?

I would suggest lowering the speed of the reverend blight and cat lady. It doesn't make too much sense that they move the same speed as the strider. This also means heroes will have a very hard time escaping those monsters, especially since you haven't mentioned if they can walk through walls or not. Also, the maw is crazy dangerous, you might want to slow him down too since he can instant kill heroes and I assume have zombie cards played upon him, I would be very afraid if someone used Brrraaaiiinnnsss... on him.

These characters sound pretty good for another chapter in my reality game show scenarios, would you mind letting me incorporate them into those scenarios?

PS since I can see this is an extension of my release the beast idea, how did you like that scenario?
(08-31-2011 01:58 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if I understand how this works for reverend blight:
Quote:prize- pickup or search for up to 2 faith cards.

What is meant by "search for up to 2 faith cards?"

Sorry about the goofy wording. it means that when the reverend is defeated The hero can put two faith cards in their hand. either by searching them out from the hero deck, or by picking them up out of the discard pile if they have been used.
Oh, I see. I think something like "may take up to 2 faith cards from any pile" may be more like FFP usually uses. Cool idea. Maybe it would be neat to take these cards out of the piles at the beginning of the game so the only way to get them is to defeat these villians and collect the prize (even two unknown, face-down hero cards for the Hulk).
(08-31-2011 03:15 PM)nitro9090 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the range on the cat lady's cat throwing ability?

I would suggest lowering the speed of the reverend blight and cat lady. It doesn't make too much sense that they move the same speed as the strider. This also means heroes will have a very hard time escaping those monsters, especially since you haven't mentioned if they can walk through walls or not. Also, the maw is crazy dangerous, you might want to slow him down too since he can instant kill heroes and I assume have zombie cards played upon him, I would be very afraid if someone used Brrraaaiiinnnsss... on him.

These characters sound pretty good for another chapter in my reality game show scenarios, would you mind letting me incorporate them into those scenarios?

PS since I can see this is an extension of my release the beast idea, how did you like that scenario?

hey thanks for the insight and critques. I have tried to adress and test most of the issues. you where definetly right on the maw being to quick so I slowed him down to two. Should I change it to a 1d2 for movement for it though or even a one? I lowered the speed on both cat lady and the reverend it definetly makes more sense for them not to be as fast as the strider. also added that human villains may not move through walls.
If you would like to incorperate them in any of your scenarios feel free, maybe throw a little credit my way Watchmen02 other than that I'll whore out my monsters to anyone who will take'em.
I have'nt been able to try your scenario with my group yet, But when I do I will let you know what I think. I definitly got the idea for these looking for some minis for your scenario.

(09-01-2011 01:06 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see. I think something like "may take up to 2 faith cards from any pile" may be more like FFP usually uses. Cool idea. Maybe it would be neat to take these cards out of the piles at the beginning of the game so the only way to get them is to defeat these villians and collect the prize (even two unknown, face-down hero cards for the Hulk).

Thanks for cleaning up my wording for me. I like the idea for having the cards on the side for the set prizes. but do you think I should make extra copies of the set cards or just remove them from the original deck?
(09-01-2011 04:20 AM)abomination Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2011 01:06 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see. I think something like "may take up to 2 faith cards from any pile" may be more like FFP usually uses. Cool idea. Maybe it would be neat to take these cards out of the piles at the beginning of the game so the only way to get them is to defeat these villians and collect the prize (even two unknown, face-down hero cards for the Hulk).

Thanks for cleaning up my wording for me. I like the idea for having the cards on the side for the set prizes. but do you think I should make extra copies of the set cards or just remove them from the original deck?

I was thinking of removing them from the main decks and setting them aside, so as not to tip the balance of items available to the heroes, but maybe copies are necessary to match the difficulty of the villians? I would try it without copies first and see how it worked before making/buying copies.
(09-01-2011 04:20 AM)abomination Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2011 03:15 PM)nitro9090 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the range on the cat lady's cat throwing ability?

hey thanks for the insight and critques. I have tried to adress and test most of the issues. you where definetly right on the maw being to quick so I slowed him down to two. Should I change it to a 1d2 for movement for it though or even a one? I lowered the speed on both cat lady and the reverend it definetly makes more sense for them not to be as fast as the strider. also added that human villains may not move through walls.
If you would like to incorperate them in any of your scenarios feel free, maybe throw a little credit my way Watchmen02 other than that I'll whore out my monsters to anyone who will take'em.
I have'nt been able to try your scenario with my group yet, But when I do I will let you know what I think. I definitly got the idea for these looking for some minis for your scenario.

For the maw's movement, I think if you required him to move like a hero 2 would be fine, but it might be a bit more exciting if it was on a d3, a d2 seems a little too slow. The way i see it, I have never seen an explosive zombie (grave weapons) be too effective and they are close to the same thing, so to make him dangerous you need him to be a little bit faster. But, I will leave it for you to decide.

Awesome, the idea is already swimming through my head and when I have some free time will write it up. And of course I will give you credit, I am not one of those jerks who steals your monster designs and then claims that I thought of it first and tell that to all of my friends ... Zombie17
[
(09-01-2011 01:06 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of removing them from the main decks and setting them aside, so as not to tip the balance of items available to the heroes, but maybe copies are necessary to match the difficulty of the villians? I would try it without copies first and see how it worked before making/buying copies.

one reason I would want to make them, or buy them is thining out the deck, but on the other hand it would make other items more readily available. by the way is there anywhere you can just buy the cards seperate? i havent seen them at flyingfrogs store.
(08-31-2011 03:15 PM)nitro9090 Wrote: [ -> ]For the maw's movement, I think if you required him to move like a hero 2 would be fine, but it might be a bit more exciting if it was on a d3, a d2 seems a little too slow. The way i see it, I have never seen an explosive zombie (grave weapons) be too effective and they are close to the same thing, so to make him dangerous you need him to be a little bit faster. But, I will leave it for you to decide.

Awesome, the idea is already swimming through my head and when I have some free time will write it up. And of course I will give you credit, I am not one of those jerks who steals your monster designs and then claims that I thought of it first and tell that to all of my friends ... Zombie17

I have moved the maws movement to a d3, it definetly makes him more dangerous.
Even if you did steal credit worse case scenario you would only kind of irritate a person you have never metInsane13 but thanks though.
cant wait to see what you come up with for the scenario.
I've also added a new human villain let me know what you think.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's