TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: It's stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can a gasoline be used to save a chainsaw when they use "It's stuck"?

My thoughts are that any time a chainsaw would be forced to discard it can be used in it's place like ammo.

What are your thoughts?
I would have to say no, because of how the text on chainsaw is written. It only says if you lose a fight and doesn't say anything about being forced to discard it.

On another note I like the idea of a person frantically trying to refill a chainsaw while its stuck in a zombies head. Insane02
The Revolver doesn't say anything about ammo either. It's implied on the ammo and gasoline card that they can be used to save it when you have to discard.

For the record, I'm in favor of ruling that gasoline should save it. However, thematically I understand why this poses complications.
actually in the survival of the fittest rule book i believe its states that gasoline may be used to refill the chainsaw if it would be removed from play for whatever reason.
sorry I don't have that expansion yet. if they've put it in the rulebook then i would say yes your in the clear, but otherwise I say no because it doesn't make sense.
I would say the Chainsaw is still discarded as It's Stuck! All Gasoline does is refuel it.
On the Chainsaw card it doesn't say If you lose a fight or a Zombie card forces a discard you can use Gasoline to keep it. The Chainsaw is badass enough as it is. Gasoline cannot block the It's stuck! card.

That's my take anyway, but I am a Zombie player...Zombie03
I dunno... I'd probably want to look at that rule book that was mentioned and see the exact phrasing. If it clearly states that whenever the item would be discarded, the gasoline may be used, then yeah. Otherwise, I would probably go with a no.
There is 1 way you could keep the Chainsaw...

1) It's Stuck! is played on the Chainsaw after the Combat Bonus has been used.
2) A 4+ is rolled by the Zombie player to Discard the Chainsaw.
3)The Chainsaw is attached to another Item with the Survival Tactic card Duct Tape. The Item could be Gasoline (but that is irrelevant) any Item will do.
4) The Hero must now roll a 4+ to keep both items.
5)If the Hero rolled less than a 4+ both items are lost.

Remember the original question

Can a gasoline be used to save a chainsaw when they use "It's stuck"?

I still say no. Unless it was attached to the Chainsaw with Duct Tape. Hope this helpsInsane02
i miss read the earlier post about the "it's stuck" card, if that card was played i believe the only thing that would keep the chainsaw would be a cancel zombie card, card.
(09-06-2011 08:56 PM)Pred Wrote: [ -> ]i miss read the earlier post about the "it's stuck" card, if that card was played i believe the only thing that would keep the chainsaw would be a cancel zombie card, card.

Yup, Its stuck is used to cancel a variety of weapons. The best play is to cancel, Its stuck.
Reference URL's