TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Really basic painting question here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I am contemplating painting some minis and I have a very very very basic question.

I have seen how folks will stick a mini on a cork or something to handle it while painting, etc. So, what kind of adhesive do you use for that? I guess super glue would be a bad idea. What else is strong enough to get a good hold but can be broken fairly easily when you are done?

Thanks!
Good question. I started with Elmers glue and a chopstick the first time, but the mini fell off. Now, I use a tiny dab of Super glue. It is just a bit stronger than I would like, and I am sometimes scared when peeling it off. What are we supposed to use?
I've always just good ol' faithful blu tac. The stuff's pretty strong. It holds the model onto the cork, old paint pot, length of thick cad, length of plastic etc.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate if you have more painting/modeling questionsWatchmen02
i actually use a sticky putty (almost like silly putty but stickier) and a small dixie cup shot glass that you would use for jello shots. It gives you something to hold onto while painting and it acts as a stand to dry on.
Double sided mounting tape works well, butit's basically the same principle as blue tac(that you use for posters) or what have you.

Honestly i'm stupid and I don't do it at all, mostly. Somtimes i'll temp-glue a mini in a slotted base, but i'm really bad about putting my fingers all over my minis. I've had to touch up areas I smeared or put finger prints on too much, you'd think i'd learn.
Cool, thanks for the help guys!
Reference URL's