TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My first Painted Mini Zombies w/ close up shots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my first attempt at Miniature paintings don't be harsh

Moderator action: merged multiple threads, changed subject to reflect. -mqstout
My favorite is sea foam green/yellow... he makes me feel happy on my inside parts.
Your first 14 Zombies are a resounding success! Here's to many more to come. Did you paint them all together assembly line style? The backgrounds rock!
A few close ups
4 more after this one, I can only attach 5 at a time... idk why
ive noticed that in these close ups you can see a lot of flaws but from a normal view while playing the game they look decent to me. If any can give me tips on how to better paint, I would welcome the criticism. If you guys are not auburn fans... sorry for the backdrop, i took the picture on my lamp for good lighting. I will post Heroes in a day or two, i have 2 more to do. Im trying to paint them with more detail, and they take signifcantly more time to do.
I painted them all one at a time because i wanted them all different ( i dont know if that means assembly style or not). When I got down to the last few it got harder to come up with styles bc I didnt want them all to have blue jeans or brown pants so i started to get a little creative. Like the Army Medic, WPD Deputy (even though I gave him a blue uniform and Anderson's is brown), zombie convict (to go along with Victor (it was his cell mate)), the green shirt one with gold teeth is a zombie pimp (with his bling), and Auburn (college football) zombie bc im a huge fan.

thank you to whom ever linked these all together and sorry for banwidth I loaded these only way i knew how.
Hiya...

These images are huge. Could you please upload them to the gallery and link there instead? That's why the gallery is here and it optimizes the hell out of the pix and saves me TONS of bandwidth.

Thanks!
Very nice, I like some of your detail work there. If you were wanting to bring out some more detail for hair/any outer part, you could always try drybrushing. Unless you're doing it, and I'm just not seeing it hehe. You mentioned that you want them all to be different, and since you're painting zombies and it's always fun to make them look even more interesting, you could always try modding as well. Easy things to do are to snip off an arm or fingers, then glue them to other minis. Have a zombie eating a fresh arm, and a zombie who happens to be missing a limb. Cut off chunks of flesh, or if you want to get really creative, get some green stuff and re-attach limbs to appear as if they're hanging on only by sinew. You could also get some green moss from a model store and glue it on parts of your zombies, and either leave it as is or paint over it to give them a more rotten/festering look.

Whatever you do, have fun with it!
Nice job. They look colorfull Watchmen02
I especialy like the different ideas you had on the shirts. I despise Hello Kitty but it did make me smile when I saw the zombie with the shirt. Zombie03

What type of paint do you use? It does seem a little uneven to me. Try adding more water if you are using acryl paints. That will give you a smoother finish.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's