TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Incursion Board Game on crazy sale.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not pressuring anyone, but I saw that the owner said on his forum today that he 'may have to end the sale early'....

I think the stock is dwindling much faster than he thought it would!

Not pressuring anyone, but I saw that the owner said on his forum today that he 'may have to end the sale early'....

(09-09-2011 03:46 AM)supervike Wrote: [ -> ]Not pressuring anyone, but I saw that the owner said on his forum today that he 'may have to end the sale early'....

Damnit, I caved and bought it... you just had to warn me that the sale could end early...
DAMN!!! I was going to pick it up tonight and now the sale is over. Frankly I am pretty PISSED OFF. The sale was advertised as going till the 16th. If the publisher cannot honor the commitment then I am glad I did not buy in. I was utterly hosed by Mongoose when they screwed the entire Starship Troopers community and as a result vowed to NEVER EVER buy a Mongoose product again. Grindhouse didn't hose me like Mongoose but they are certainly not to be trusted and it will take some reassuring before I buy anything from them.
They probably just ran out of stock as SV said due to demand but it would have been better if they
had added a disclaimer "until the 16th OR stock lasts"

And yes Mongoose does deserve a special place in hell.

OD
Exactly. If they simply added "while supplies last" I wouldn't have had a problem and would gave done my game research and purchase sooner.

Unlike Mongoose who I distrust because they are lying scuzballs I have concerns about incompetence with Grindhouse. I was bitten that way with AT-43 from Rackham. Good intentions and incompetent execution still equal lost gaming dollars. With Rackham I took the risk knowing they were restructuring and got great deals.

I seriously looked at LNOE before buying and am glad I took the plunge for every store sold expansion and some online ones. Win me and I am loyal. Hose me and I am gone and spreading the word. FF is good in my book.
I agree, a disclaimer really would have helped.

But in Grindhouse's defense, the 'company' is just one guy and his brother. I believe he's an architect in his day job...

I just don't think he anticipated the demand he's gotten. I'd ask to cut the guy a bit of slack. The folks there are just gamers that are trying out the business side...Mistakes happen, but I don't think it was intentional.

I paid full retail price for my original copy (50 dollars), and still feel it was a great value.
I can understand that and put up with plenty of aggravation early in te development of Uncharted Seas. I'll keep an eye out and see if any future deals pop up.
(09-13-2011 12:50 AM)Musketeer Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand that and put up with plenty of aggravation early in te development of Uncharted Seas. I'll keep an eye out and see if any future deals pop up.

Zombie22 It apperars we share a lot of similar flustration,
I still have a dragon carrier without any dragons.

I have several fleets but it just seemed this never
went anywhere & now they seem to be more into
their SteamPunk fleets.

OD
Damn OD, do you also have fleets for Battlefleet Gothic, a gang for Necromunda and a collection of Fasa's Centurion miniatures? Sadly I gave my old LEAD battletech minis away to a family friend's son years ago and since the copywrite war over the designs (yes, I had the old anime rip offs... kill me).

For Uncharted Seas I have reasonable sized Bone Griffon, Tharinas Elf and Iron Dwarf fleets. I haven't kept up for a year or so though. Lack of time for gaming has resulted in me spending what game time I come up with playing board games (LNOE) which are easier to play on a spur of the moment basis.

For Starship Troopers I built an all ExoArmor force. Blame it on a deep love of the book and exo armor sculpts and hatred of the movie. All the exo armor have miniature magnets mounted on them to swap out weapons as needed and are painted. I was about to expand into more models as exo forces were easily decimated by brain bugs when the great betrayal began.

For AT-43 I really fell for the Karmans. Monkeys chomping cigars with flamethrowers were too cool to pass up. I got a ton during the initial close out and restructuring. Living driving distance to TheWarStore.com has its benefits :-) Too bad about Rackham as I thought the backstory to AT-43 was one of the best I have ever encountered in SciFi flim, games, books or movies.
Totally agree about the AT-43. Rackham really dropped the ball on that, seemingly.

The ExoArmor Starship Troopers stuff was cool!! Do you have any pics of what you did?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's