TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Gym Pick up ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How come the Gym does not have the Pick up: Baseball bat

As a card variant
FootBall Gear- Item-Helmet and pads
Ignore any wound. Discard after use.
If on Johnny-May Blitz one space with out having to Fight. Discard after use.

just more dumb thought by Princess Jacquelyn of Necropolis Watchmen01
I have wondered the same thing about the HighSchool/Gym board. I HATE that board mostly because of that.

Your Football Gear sounds like something that would be found in the Unique Items deck since it calls out Johnny. Maybe name it Johnny's Pads or Johnny's Gear?
Onthe blitz part of the ruling: This sounds like he gets to pass thru a zombie occupied space for free. If he is Blitzing, I like the idea that he gets an attack, but takes no damage, similar to the way Fence Post plays out...
In my game scenario it does. I agree that I hate having the school section on the board bc it has no special pickups. That large building with nothing special about it seems to be a big waste to me.
I do think the Football gear thing is a cool idea. Like the Survival deck Card "Johnys Jacket"
Special ability idea would be cool if it was used in a custom scenario, but not for a normal regular game.
I need to get the Survival Pack huh ? Thanks though, Im glad its not a flop idea Watchmen01
Me and my wife just talked about this same thing. She is always disappointed to draw that board. Just seemslike such a waste of building.
I use this rule: "PICK UP: Baseball Bat".
(09-10-2011 01:10 PM)Marco Wrote: [ -> ]I use this rule: "PICK UP: Baseball Bat".

I agree with everyone here that the school/gym board needs to have a Pick-Up ability. I'm going to start using that idea for the gym and the baseball bat. Could we come up with another pick up for the high school also, or would that then become unbalanced having both with a pick up?
WOW, full circle

Hi, hear ? here ? there ? .....any way Here is something i discovered. Why not to have a pick up in the school or gym.

Lets see who i see. I see Billy, Sally, Amanda, and Mr Goddard. Look who is right next door. Here's Johnny dada dot dada....ohh sorry.

So you have a majority of Heroes starting on the lamest board. Why let them camp for the pick up ? If you play with 2 or 3 of these Heroes, you have a nice little mob going on. If that L board is not present, you just gave them all an extra card. ( mr goddard, johnny, sally and amanda, make a descent starting group, and i do mean group )

Yes, i do agree a "Pick up" Baseball Bat, does not sound unreasonable. Yet, maybe there is a reason there is not one.
You know, instead of Pick Up: Baseball Bat in the Gym, you could do Pick Up: Fire Extinguisher in the High School. That would thematically make sense to me. Also, there are less copies of the fire extinguisher (2 I think) than Baseball Bats. That could justify it being there, just like the Signal Flare pick up in the Hangar.

Also, if a lot of Heroes start in the High School or Gym, that doesn't mean they'll necessarily get a Baseball Bat/Fire Extinguisher in the discard pile early in the game.
You also have to consider that there are a number of scenarios with "well stocked buildings". Since so many people start in the school (if it's there), it could be a problem.

The tile has some benefits. Larger buildings means it's a good place to bunker down and search for a few turns safely. (Also, very difficult to blow up in the zombie apocalypse scenario). It's one of the few (only?) tiles where the spawning pit isn't in the corner, which really does change the shape of the game. It sucks badly when taken over or lights out are played on them, but until then you've got a nice safe place to search that juts out pretty far towards the center of the board for a clear line of fire.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's