TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: One step closer....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am riding in my car this morning and hear a news story about a virus that infects Gypsy Moths. It causes them to completely abandon their normal behavior and move to a location where they can spread the virus more effectively.

The quote from the newsguy -- "Who knew that a virus could modify the behavior of its host?"

Answer? We did. One step closer to the zombie apocalypse, I say!
PJ, I haft to say that, that article and video was pretty scary in a sense. Kudos to the find of the awesome video
Ty Pred. Who always stops by at Family Zombie Picnic ? Zombie ants Watchmen02 and uncles Watchmen01
Very interesting, Princess. The pic of the dead ant with the fungus growing out of its head is pretty brutal. The time-lapse in the video is pretty cool too. A human-borne mutant of that fungus would make for a great zombie flick.
I agree Viking, that's what gave me the chills about the whole thing, the possibility of "WHAT IF?"
Wow it's very Clark Ashton Smith. If you are unaware of this author you're missing out. Think Lovecraft on Alien Worlds. They were good friends too. It just shows our world is truly a fascinating place.
I'm just as fascinated that the ants actually throw out the irratic, infected ants. How do they know? Does the ant union head say, "I don't know Bob, your leaf cutting has been off the last few days. I think you might be infected."
Reference URL's