TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: They Didn't Survive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my intrepid band of players were throwing around a few ideas for building another custom scenario and three kept coming up:
1. We wanted to use the manor house
2. We wanted a board that used all 8 "L" pieces, like The Ritual and Run For It from Flying Frog's web scenarios. By extension, my hero players wanted an excuse to have 6 heroes in play Zombie03
3. We were throwing around the idea of a choke point or gauntlet

From that was born "They Didn't Survive," which we quickly threw together and played. So far, the heroes have won both times, but it was extremely close the first time, and the second time the Zombies just had very bad luck with their rolls. This would be a very good scenario for zombies to get locked door cards on.

For diagonally touching buildings, use Flying Frog's "Pinch Point" rules.

Essentially, this scenario is a "sequel" to the Defend the Manor House scenario, and it can even be played as such...as long as the heroes FAILED to defend the manor house. The manor house is infested with zombies and four dead heroes just waiting to rise from their cushy graves, and the paths through town that go around the manor have been blocked in an ultimately vain attempt to help reduce the number of zombies the now-dead heroes had to fight. This has left our new band of heroes with no choice but to go straight through the middle, starting in the cornfield, proceeding through the manor house, and finally escaping on the road out of town (see the fullpage rule sheet for board layout).

Will they make it? Or will they share the doom of the ill-fated defenders of the manor?

For board layout, the cornfield MUST be on one side of the board and the road out of town MUST be on the opposite side. All other "L" pieces are placed at random.

This isn't the most complex scenario in the world, but we had a lot of fun with it.
I like it! I wanna give this a try Wednesday when my friend Mr Onearm comes over. I like the Scenario sheet, wish I could make my scenario look that cool. Have you read mine and gave it a go? I haven't had many people comment on it.
Anyhow I think you and your friends may have something, like I said it'll be Wednesday before I give it a go, but I'll commit back on how it turns out.
The scenario looks neat. I'll have to add it to the pile of scenarios I'm going to play. when i do I'll let you know how it goes.
Pred: My group hasn't played since I saw your scenario posted, but I have it bookmarked for us to try, because it looks like a lot of fun. I know at least one of my heroes is going to complain, though, because Father Joseph is her favorite character. All the more reason for me to bring that scenario out...muahaha! Zombie03
Reference URL's