TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: trying to make a balanced character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i wanted to make a character that was fresh out of the army and here is my first stab at (p.s. i dont have a name yet either)

wounds: 3

Ability 1: sharpshooter- when firing a ranged weapon you may add 1 to the weapons range

Ability 2: extended mags- this caharcter starts the game with an ammo
card

is the extra range thing too good? i was thinking maybe if its too good i could add a roll to it
The extra range is cool, but I think a military character might be more accurate even at close range, so perhaps the sharpshooter ability could add 1 to a ranged attack roll?
Hi Simon. Im sorry to report, i agree with Thanatos. The Sharp Shooter idea is nice, but a shot gun will only go so far. Im not to sure if I understand starting with Ammo and no gun, but hey. I prefer my Heroes to be prone and wounded. Insane21
Thats just me
This looks good and playable.
(10-05-2011 03:19 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon. Im sorry to report, i agree with Thanatos. The Sharp Shooter idea is nice, but a shot gun will only go so far. Im not to sure if I understand starting with Ammo and no gun, but hey. I prefer my Heroes to be prone and wounded. Insane21
Thats just me

hmmmm So, It would be like having a permenant Laying Down the Law ? If the sharp shooter rolled a 1 with a revolver, and added 1, it would never be empty. Yes ? no ? maybe ?
well i think if you were to go the add one to the roll route it would be just for the initial roll to see if a zombie dies and not the ammo roll
(10-05-2011 03:44 PM)Simon Pegg Wrote: [ -> ]well i think if you were to go the add one to the roll route it would be just for the initial roll to see if a zombie dies and not the ammo roll

Nice solution. Im all for it Watchmen01
alright then its decided thanks for the help Watchmen02
@Pjon: Exactly. This WOULD make it so that the pistol could never be lost if he had it unless Resilient were played (which could be nullified once by his ammo ability), since there is only one roll for the pistol, but other ranged weapons could still be lost like normal.
Hi thanatos. So...your saying you think he should have the +1 on ranged attacks and start with Ammo.

I mean thats a nice ability Nice Watchmen02 I dont know about balance...

I thought the Shot Gun approach for ammo check was a nice spin on the idea. I mean....if he is a sharp shooter can he give up his Move to shoot twice ?, or is that more a sniper ability Insane20
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's