TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Convince me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own all of the LNoE expansions and supplements. Maybe it's because I have nothing left to buy but I'm considering buying IFOS. Can anyone convince me that it is enough different in meaningful ways to justify the cost?
I dont know if I can justify how different it is because the Heroes play
almost very similiar but the Martians play astronomicly different. I bought
this game ask my second supplement to LNOE before i bought any of the
others and I love it.
I love the characters that I can crossover in LNOE and the possibiltys for
cross overs are great. I rarely play the Martians Vs. Humans but its a great
element to have for 3v3 games so you dont haft to split the heroes or
zombies.
If i wasn't in a hotel lobby on the comupter I would go into great depth on
how much I personally enjoy IFOS. If you wait about 4 more days I'll try
to convince you more.
i wasnt interested in this game because it seemed like more of the same but when i seen it for under 30 bucks i had to get it. there isnt much diffrence between the lnoe heros and the ifos heros except the new ones have a stat now. but the zombies/ martians are completely different. me being a zombie player, i found the martians to be way more fun and strategic. its well worth the money when you consider it is its own game and it can be an expansion for lnoe, if you just used that maps tiles and heros.
Just added it to my wish list. I hope Santa's listening.
I'm a zombie fan. Not a hardcore fan, but enough of a fan to like Romero's movies.

I played LNOE once and I fell in love with the game. But couldn't get my own copy.

I settled for IFOS, and I discovered LNOE's underrated little sister.

I played LNOE (just the base game, no expansions) last weekend as a zombie player and honestly, I got bored. Why? Well, the Martian's offer more in terms of strategy. Zombies, all you can (and want to do) is to lurch forward and engage Heroes in Fights. But Martians? You can't just keep engaging the Carnies in Fights - you need to think about what would be more advantageous. Should you engage the Strongman in a Fight? Or position your troops so that you can get two-three full Martian packs to fire their Ray Guns at him?

The Martian Command Phase also gives you more control over what happens. Zombie gameplay is dictated by (1) the cards that you draw and (2) your respawn success. As the Martian player, you are given the following options every turn, before you move your Martians:
  • draw more cards
  • work on building Martian Tech
  • work on summoning a Martian champion
  • moving your flying saucers (spawn points)
  • summoning immediate reinforcements

As for human players, the Carnival Heroes also offer more. In LNOE, the Humans usually don't stand a chance against Zombies unless they search a lot and get good weapons. But it's not the case in IFOS. Because of the Talents (abilities that can be used at the cost of Power Tokens) and the Martian vulnerability, the Carnival Heroes can actually hold their own even without cards.

I wouldn't say that IFOS is a better game than LNOE, it just has better mechanics. I'd say it's worth the purchase.
Reference URL's