TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Survival of the Fittest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to get this expansion but I'm afraid it will make the Heroes too powerful. The thing that makes the original game great is the Heroes immediately in a desperate fight for their lives. Does anyone have an opinion on how the expansions stack up? I liked Growing Hunger
survival of the fittest is a good expansion, it offers a lot. I would rank it the 2nd best expansion personally right behind growing hunger. It doesnt make it easier for the survivors since it also throws in grave weapons.
You have to remember that anything you use for the Hero side will get balanced out with an equal number of points for the zombies, so it doesn't really unbalance things. I would say that there is more "cool stuff" for the heroes in the expansion though. There are cards for the regular decks as well, so it's not like zombies are left out if you decided not to use grave weapons.
the new zombie cards are fairly powerful too, for instance giving all zombies on an L-board a grave weapon is very dangerous for a group of heroes.
Hi, im not sure of the balance, or lack there of, yet. I will be getting survival of the fittest and grave weapons in a couple of weeks. I already have Hero Pack 1 and really want Grave Weapons to balance Hero Pack 1. I still see it as the Heroes get 23 cards extra. (adding the card count in grave weapons, hero pack and SofF)

The Heroes get a bunch of kewl stuff, and , I actually think, the Zombie Player could use some cancel cards... or a crevice of doom...maybe a sea monster.
Zombie17 a sea monster Zombie17

And the heroes get a fishing boat!

SOTF is quite balanced and it does add allot in one go to the actual game.

I personally don't like the entire idea of zombies wielding weapons but there are some pretty nasty "non weapon swingin ones" in there. Bloated body and bloodspray comes to mind. Barbed Wire is also a cool one.

The extra cards for the heroes don't come in to play as easy as the normal hero cards. It depends on your location and what you roll (if I remember correctly...I haven't played in a while) so that does prevent the heroes from going after all the badass stuff in one go.
(10-19-2011 08:21 AM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like the entire idea of zombies wielding weapons but there are some pretty nasty "non weapon swingin ones" in there. Bloated body and bloodspray comes to mind. Barbed Wire is also a cool one.

Yeah I agree. Thematically, zombies using weapons doesn't really make sense to me.

Quote:The extra cards for the heroes don't come in to play as easy as the normal hero cards. It depends on your location and what you roll (if I remember correctly...I haven't played in a while) so that does prevent the heroes from going after all the badass stuff in one go.

You have to roll a 5+ on your possible movement die, while inside a building. The random building number on each building dictates what type of card you can pull if you get the 5+. Unless you are very lucky, most of the time you'll be doing normal searches, or possibly building barricades if you are playing with barricades.
Insane21 Deadly Surprise Insane16
Play this card at the start of a Fight to immediately draw a Grave Weapon for the Zombie. or Play when a Zombie wins a Fight to cancel any card that Remains In Play on the D6 roll of 4, 5, or 6.

Tools of the Grave Play Immediately Zombie13
Choose any board section and roll a D6 for each Zombie there that does not have a Grave Weapon. On the roll of 4, 5, or 6, immediately draw a Grave Weapon for that Zombie.
If Grave Weapons are not being used, all Zombies on the entire board roll an extra Fight Dice until the end of the turn instead.

These cards are ridiculus, they are horrible. If you think these cards are a waste of print. Please forward your copies to me and I will abuse them as much as possible. Zombie02

Duct Tape Zombie12
(10-19-2011 08:21 AM)Emp Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like the entire idea of zombies wielding weapons but there are some pretty nasty "non weapon swingin ones" in there. Bloated body and bloodspray comes to mind. Barbed Wire is also a cool one.

Yeah, actually I can kind of agree with you to some degree. I have not yet picked up this expansion pack, so I'm not sure how they come into play. However, even though I do agree with you to some degree, I can also kind of see how you can kind of give this one a pass.

After all, I could see zombies kind of mindlessly picking up random objects. Plus, even though they probably wouldn't necessarily know what they are doing, I could see them swinging them as weapons. So, I think you can kind of make it fit thematically. It isn't that they were smart enough to actually search out and pick up weapons to use. They just found stuff, picked it up out of curiosity, and swung it at people to try to knock them down long enough to chow on some brains.
(06-26-2012 10:01 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, actually I can kind of agree with you to some degree. I have not yet picked up this expansion pack, so I'm not sure how they come into play. However, even though I do agree with you to some degree, I can also kind of see how you can kind of give this one a pass.

After all, I could see zombies kind of mindlessly picking up random objects. Plus, even though they probably wouldn't necessarily know what they are doing, I could see them swinging them as weapons. So, I think you can kind of make it fit thematically. It isn't that they were smart enough to actually search out and pick up weapons to use. They just found stuff, picked it up out of curiosity, and swung it at people to try to knock them down long enough to chow on some brains.

Don't forget that even in the first "modern" zombie film, Night of the Living Dead (1968), the little girl zombie killed her mother with a garden trowel.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's