TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Dynamite to light Gasoline ??? Huh ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I could use a litte clarification on this, Please

Ok, so a Hero lights Dynamite, and tosses it 2 spaces away, on a Gas Marker.

What is the appropiate roll ?

Is it a Ranged attack ?
Is it tossing a Fire Item ?
Is it ???
(10-17-2011 02:19 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I could use a litte clarification on this, Please

Ok, so a Hero lights Dynamite, and tosses it 2 spaces away, on a Gas Marker.

What is the appropiate roll ?

Is it a Ranged attack ?
Is it tossing a Fire Item ?
Is it ???

The dynamite works like any other ranged attack to hit a gas marker. I would assume you use the zombie hit for deciding if it lights (like you do for every other ranged attack), so a 2+ using the dynamite ignites the gasoline. Personally I would expect an automatic lighting of the gasoline if you used a dynamite, but too many exceptions spoil the delicious, delicious brain.
wouldnt it be more accurate if the Hero could throw (and hit) dynamite not exactly on the gas marker but also fields around it?
(10-18-2011 09:02 AM)skolo Wrote: [ -> ]wouldnt it be more accurate if the Hero could throw (and hit) dynamite not exactly on the gas marker but also fields around it?

I think the idea is that they drop the gas can, shoot it so it explodes and spews firey gasoline in all directions, thus burning all zombies and heroes within the radius. But, that is just one theory.
Im still confused over the event. The Hero had, a shot gun, a welding torch, and dynamite. Why light the dynamite to throw it on a gas marker ??? Just shoot it, ot toss fire on it. Why waste dynamite on lighting gasoline ???? Dynamite is its own explosion ????
(10-18-2011 06:20 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Im still confused over the event. The Hero had, a shot gun, a welding torch, and dynamite. Why light the dynamite to throw it on a gas marker ??? Just shoot it, ot toss fire on it. Why waste dynamite on lighting gasoline ???? Dynamite is its own explosion ????

By and large it seems like a waste of dynamite, I agree. I suppose if they REALLY wanted to keep the shotgun and didn't want to risk going out of ammo with it, then maybe you'd do it the way they did it, but still seems kind of dumb to me.
To be honest, we don't play the dynamite or any other explosive as a source of fire.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, it makes sense to have an explosion as a source of fire as long as it's within the normal range of the explosion effect. (Since the gas has a chance at wounding the surrounding tiles I could only assume that the chance to wound is the same chance to light if you were having a gas can chain reaction type of thing going)
Dynamite IS a ranged weapon, and it is NOT a source of Fire. This makes the rules simple. From Page 18 of Rulebook: Gasoline can be ignited as a Ranged Attack, using a Ranged Weapon (Roll to hit as if it were a Zombie).

Dynamite has a very good attack roll, so has an excellent chance of setting off the Gas, but the overlap in their effects makes it somewhat of a waste. To my mind there is no thematic obstacle, so no reason to differ from the rules.

I do let Gas explosion set off Gas in neighbouring squares at its hit chance of 3+, even though it not a "ranged attack" per se.
I would probably disallow a Holy Water ranged weapon from setting off the gas, and would be unhappy if someone tried with the the Fence Post. As such you might have a house rules that limits it to firearms and "flamey-things", but still dynamite is okay.
Reference URL's