TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Scenario " Taking Back Woodinvale"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TAKING BACK WOODINVALE

REQURIES GROWING HUNGER AND 35 ZOMBIES (or pennies as zombie markers)

TURNS 20

SET UP
Take the Hospital, Junk Yard, High School and Super Market. Shuffle, then randomly place them, with the corners touching. This should form a + (plus sign) on the table. Take the remaining 4 L boards and place them around the Inner Boards.

It should look something like this, but randomly arranged.

NO PITCH POINTS, REGARDLESS OF SET UP

To Determine Random Buildings, use standard methods. 1–Hero Choice, 2–Top left 2 L boards, 3–Top right 2 L boards 4-Bottom left 2 L boards 5-Bottom right 2 L boards 6- Zombie Choice. The roll D6 1-3 inner L board, 4-6 outer L board. Then roll for the Building

6 Starting Heroes
Free search markers, Replenish, Well Stock, Hero Cards 3
All Starting and Replenish Heroes start in their Start Location, with 3 Hero Cards. Even if the building is Taken Over.
AutoSpawn, Horde 35 Zombies

Randomly roll a Quadrant, a 2 L Board section. The Zombie Player places 2 Barricades anywhere on those 2 L Boards.

Special Barricade rules. No Zombies may cross over a Barricade. Any wall touching the Barricade is considered Blocked Windows and Doors and Zombies may not cross or pass through them. A Hero may cross over a Barricade or pass through a Door on a roll of 3+

To Move A Barricade. A Hero or Heroes must commit their move action to;
It Takes 1 Hero to move a Barricade 1 space or direction.
It Takes 2 Heroes to move a Barricade 2 direction or 2spaces.
It a hero to move ratio. 1 Hero to move 1 space or direction

SPECIAL SPAWNING RULES
At the start or set up phase Spawn 4D6 Zombies, Using standard Spawning rules.
Spawning Pit rules are relaxed. During the Spawning Phase roll 3D6. You must Spawn evenly to a minimum, Zombie Choice, of 4 Spawning Pits.
On Turns 16, 12, 8 and 4 Spawn, rolling 4D6 and use standard Spawning rules.

AT THE END OF THE ZOMBIE TURN
Zombie Take Over Rules:

If there are 6 or more Zombies and No Heroes on an L Board.
Place a Numbered Counter; face up, on the L Boards. That L Board is no longer Well Stocked and Remove all Free Search Markers and shuffle them with the discarded free search markers.

If there are 12 or more Zombies and 1 Hero.
Place a Numbered Counter; face up, on the L Boards. That L Board is no longer Well Stocked and Remove all Free Search Markers and shuffle them with the discarded free search markers.

AT THE END OF THE HERO TURN
Hero Taking Back Rules

If there is 1 Hero and No Zombies.
Flip the Numbered Counter over (to the LNOE logo) Those Building are now Well Stocked.

If there is 2 Heroes and 11 or less Zombies.
Flip the Numbered Counter over (to the LNOE logo) Those Building are now Well Stocked.

If the Hero Take Back Rules apply, with the LNOE Logo displayed.
Remove the Numbered counter. The Zombie Player then replaces the Free Search markers

Victory Condition: It’s a Slaughter Fest, who cares HAVE FUN J

Hero win if at the end, Woodinvale is completely restored.
Zombies win is 5 or more L Boards are in any phase of being Taken Over

I had to go grade school on this one
Resolving a No Win Conditions

If the Heroes Kill X Zombies
150+ A
120+ B
90+ C
60+ D
less than that…..go play Zombie Dice

If the Zombies Kill X Heroes
8 A
6 B
4 C
2…..go play Zombie Dice
Sorry, forgot to write.

Heroes May Select their Starting Hero. All Replenish and Found Heroes are Selected Randomly. Once a Hero is Dead, remove them from the Game. If all Heroes have been Killed, I hope you had a good time Zombie17

Zombie may Ignore Hunger through Barricades and Blocked Walls and Doors.

JUST TO TRY TO BE MORE CLEAR
Zombies may not pass over any Barricades.

Heroes may make Ranged attackes only through Barricades and its Blocked Windows and Doors.

If a Barricade is touching a Wall. All Doors in that Wall are also Blocked. Requiring a roll of 3+ to Cross. Any Straight Line Wall in line with the Barricade is also Blocked.

IF a barricade is touching and In Line with the back wall of the Hospital, and on the next L Board the back of the Grocery Store. That 1 continuous line is Blocked, this increases the length of the Barricade Blocked.
Anyone gave this a go yet?
I get my 35 Zombies this weekend, and I sure will be playing something :P
can I be one of your zombies ?

Watchmen02
Hi, so I have played this scenario a bunch of times since. Adding Survival of the Fittest is insane. Im not sure if anyside is over or under balanced. Either way its a blast. Last night i played Heroes. I had Sheriff, Becky and the Father. There was also Victor, Johnny and Sally to start. By the 13th turn I had my team in the gunshop with Barricades, and First Aid Stock Up (from SOTF) Father would search while Sheriff and Becky took (4) shots with the hunting rifles. The good father had faith and his trusty book. When the Father was not searching or canceling he would toss out some much enjoyed dynamite. Johnny and Sally fell getting the father his faith. Victor just ran around the feild with a Chain Saw and Monkey Wrench. Kenny Hid out in the Pharmacy and drew First Aid Cards "Recovery" Jake soon joined him. Things went well until the final turns. We had went through most of the Heroes. Trying to scatter to "Take Back Woodinvale" became to hard. Should have left the gunshop sooner, and stayed in a group. ohwell. Either way win or loss, it was a blast.
Reference URL's