TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Get the F out of Dodge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A friend and I came up with our first variant this afternoon. Any feedback would be great! If it's too human centric, my thoughts would be to require either the keys and/or the gas to get the truck started before they can leave...

- Set aside the L-piece with "Road out of Town". This will be the "edge of town" at the top of the board. Place the truck on the "Road out of Town" space
- Arrange the remaining 5 L-pieces as shown, in random order. This is the main part of town.
http://flickr.com/photos/charlesv/3186390494/sizes/l/

There have been reports of survivors in the city Dodge, holed up in their homes, waiting for help. You've been sent with a team from the state capitol to search for these survivors and bring them to safety. With the amount of carnage in the areas, though, they don't have much
time! Find the Sickies, get them to the truck, and get the F--k out of Dodge.

Scenario Title: Let's Get the F--k Out of Dodge
Turns: 20
Necessary markers: Bio Canisters, Truck

- Choose four Hero characters as normal (random, or specific your choice)
- The hero team starts with either 6 specific hero cards, or 12 random hero cards, distributed as desired
- Roll four random building to determine the location of the Sickies.
- Place the remaining hero models in these buildings, in any space not touching a door. These are the Sickies. Place a wound marker under each to indicate they are sick. Lay them on their side as well to indicate they are cowering in a corner like scared children and cannot move until found.Take note of which model is assigned to which remaining Hero card, and set these Hero cards aside.
- Heroes much enter each building and use a Search Turn to free the Sickies, and let them know it's now or never to get the F--k Out of Dodge.
- Once discovered, Sickies are controlled by the discovering Hero player. Place the model upright, and they are then played as normal, with all special abilities. However: Sickies start the game with only one remaining wound space (i.e. Jake Cartwright would start as a Found Sickie with 2 wounds, Billy with 1, etc). Sickies have had time in their hiding spots to find 2 random hero cards, but are weakened and can only move D3 spaces at a time. Sickies' first turn occurs immediately upon being found.
- Sickies have 6 turns (including their "discovered" turn) to get to the truck containing the anti zombie medicine the capitol team has brought with them. Upon reaching the truck, Sickies health is replenished entirely. If they fail to reach the truck within 6 turns, the Sickies become Zombie Heroes controlled by the Zombie player/s (move D3, attack with two fight dice, no items or special abilities).

- If a Sickie has turned into a zombie hero, they can be revived if a Hero or Non-Zombied Sickie does the following:
- enters the morgue
- Uses a search turn to find the search item "bio canister" (an in-progress anti-zombie agent developed by Dodge medical staff)
- Bio canister has a range of 1 and hits on a 2+, as the hero dumps the bio canister on an adjacent space, restoring the Zombie Hero/Sickie's state. On a roll of 1, the bio canister is found to have spoiled and is useless.
- This includes Sickies that
- Once revived, Sickies
- Heroes can only carry one bio canister at a time.

- Note that heroes turned into Zombie Heroes are Zombies for the rest of the game! (until killed)

- Once entering the truck, Sickies cannot move away, as a side effect of the anti-zombie medicine is paralysis of the legs, drowsiness, and mild nausea. Each turn, Sickies may search the truck's toolbox for a random hero card rather than move, in an attempt to fend off any Zombies that may be approaching. With the bed of the truck for storage, there is no limit to items Sickies can hold at once after reaching the truck.
- If a Sicky dies on the truck, they are assumed to be Actually Dead, not Zombies. Strangely, after becoming infected, and then dying, Sickies can be revived to original Sicky state (one free health spot, no items), by use of a bio canister.
- With the added stability and hiding of the truck, all ranged weapons have an increased range of one when fired by a Sickie in the truck

- Rolling a random building results in the following assignments for L-pieces, then individual buildings as indicated.

Code:
1 (road out of town)
      2 (center)  6
           3     5

- Heroes win with 2 sickies ALIVE in the truck, and 2 heroes alive in the truck at the end of a hero round. They can then Get the F--k out of Dodge
- Squeeze spots can be navigated by either Students, or Sickies, as they have atrophied in their pre-zombie state
- Zombies spawn as normal, but cannot spawn on the "edge of town" piece above the center of town (Junkyard Spawning pit). A spawning pit may be placed there by a card or event, however.
I like the scenario, good job. I have to admit I like the more adventure/story scenarios rather than the brawls (or demolition derbies as we call them). We will have to give this a try.

Do you use the expansion packs or basic cards?
I don't have them, so for now it'd be the default everything (advanced cards).

And thanks! I do want to try the Romero-inspired one with a group of 7, sounds fun!
Also note: Killed Zombie Sickies are removed from the board just like Zombie Heroes UNLESS they are on the truck (and have thus taken the medicine).

The idea being that you encounter a Zombie townsperson, you know them, and you must make the decision to either KILL THEM, or fend them off, and try and get a bio canister to revive them.
ill read this later its really long and i dont have much time right now but know your not being ignored ill get to it.
Your flicker link doesn't seem to work right.
Played through this today and found it overly complicated and unbalanced.

New rules include no items for found Sickies, they have no turn limits to reach the truck, and never turn into zombies, but must move with a hero on a move turn...

Additionally, spawning zombies like that meant that they could never get to the truck unless a 1-piece building was taken over. Will try again with the spawning pit on the old well...
supervike Wrote:Your flicker link doesn't seem to work right.

Supervike,
I checked the link and it works fine for me (both logged in and as a guest). It is an interesting set up, very creative.
Great scenerio! I love the new rules though, and it makes it more streamlined. super fun idea! very creative!
couple of notes to add, suggestions, variations, clarifications. great scenerio and idea, probably one of my fav yet!

1) a hero can only rescue one sickie at a time.
2) a hero/sickie combo have to move together in the same space, and are limited to D3 movement
3) I agree that we shouldn't limit getting back to the truck in 6 moves, however I disagree that they shouldn't become zombie heroes! I think that they should, but still with only one health box left. zombie sickie! At that point, their only real advantage would be d3 movement. (only exception to this, you can't make a zombie hero out of a sickie at the truck, at that point they're just dead)
4) sickies have no real movement of their own (see # 2), however they can take a search action in a building, or can shoot a ranged weapon.
5) You can't heal a sickie. they're sick and infected and have to get the f outta dodge. even back at the truck i think it loses some flavor if they're 'healed'. im all for limiting their movement to being dropped off at the truck, and I LOVE the fact that they can search the truck and fire ranged weapons, however they're still sick in my eyes,
6) If a zombie comes to the truck and tries to take a chomp out of a sickie, I'm calling them a DEAD sickie at that point, agree, can't make zombie hero's at the truck). Zombies have to roll a 2+ to successfully initiate a fight with a sickie at the truck, since the sickie is standing on top of the truck, most likely with a shotgun at that point.
6) im taking out all mention of biocanisters, not needed and overcomplicated
7) instead of the 6 chosen hero cards or 12 random (seems to favor heros too much), I vote for giving each hero 2 random hero cards from the top of the deck if they pick a random hero character, and 1 free hero card if the player get's to pick their hero character.
8) agree with adding one range from sickie ranged weapons at the truck. again, probably standing on top of the truck.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's