TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Smell Of Brains card question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Smell of Brains
Fight:
Play this card to let a Zombie roll an extra Fight Dice.

If a Hero takes a Wound as a result of this Fight, immediately move all other Zombies within 2 spaces into this space (ignoring Zombie Hunger).

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"

Does that mean, the Zombies that moved into the space, fight the wounded Hero, immediately ?
Hmm. I can see this one going either way. I'm going to have to delve back into the rules and look for it. It might be answered on the Revenge of the Dead instruction sheet...

Yep, it is:

Quote:This Zombie movement completely ignores the rules of Zombie Hunger so all Zombies within 2 spaces move to this space, even if there is another Hero closer or if they are in a space with a Hero already. These new Zombies are divided between the Heroes in this space as normal and then must still be fought this turn. Though these Zombies ignore Zombie Hunger, they may still be prevented from reaching the space by other means (Farmer Sty or Blocked Windows for instance).
Hi mqstout, your awesome ! Thank you. smack me in the head for not looking better.

ok....next question..... ummm so I can play a Zombie card after fight dice are rolled ? even if i have won or lost the fight ? Right ?

so sad to be a Hero

I have checked, and I hope im right. After Ohhh The Horror, im pretty good at burning cards. A fight is resolved after all players are done playing cards or abilities.

so sad to be a Hero, just saying
Insane21Insane20Insane16
You can always play cards after seeing the dice unless they state otherwise. It is, however, a Fight: card, so you're limited to one per fight.
Hi, yes yes yes, Unless I have Deperate for Flesh.

So, we roll the dice. Zombie player wins. Then plays Smell of Brains, roll a die. The card effect can then not be cancelled. Once dice are rolled the effect takes place. The card could only be cancelled before rolling the extra fight die. Yes ? so no sam for you :p

so sad to be a Hero
Wrong. The card could still be cancelled. You're trying to weasel it through by doing that.
ok...The card can only be cancelled before dice are rolled, Yes ?

A card may not be cancelled after dice have been rolled.

Your saying at that point, cancel the whole fight ? Yet a Principle Gomez or Jeb cant immediatley cancel the card ? They can alter the the fight add a die or re-roll, but cant cancel the card, Yes ?

Ok, if I have not annoyed you enough. A hero is in a space with 3 zombies. That is 3 seperate fights, so a hero could use First Aid between fights, Yes ? So during the Zombie turn, after the hero's first fight, their weapon gets stuck in a zombie. They then play Keys, and find more weapons, yes ? Then uses catch, because they had to many weapons. Then procedes to the second fight. The hero loses, and has Felling Strange played on them. The hero uses Gomez, and recovery. They lose the third fight and use Coach Parker. Hops on TJ Thoroughbred, rides away to use the fire extinguisher to remove zombie about to fight another hero. Is that weaseling or legal play ? Ohhhh since the hero used the horse, and ended their move in a building with a free search marker, They can have that too.

I know that seems like an extreme example, but the games I play are very similair. All but the last line is all good in my book too.

Watchmen01

Hugz
The dice *for that card*. The normal fight dice have already been rolled. Any saavy player would recognize that the result of the die roll of that card would be irrelevant [in your situation] and cancel it immediately (if they could).

Also, your sequence is fully legal play (after I checked every card). I did not have the GH rulebook handy to verify the wording on free search markers.
Hi, Yes, the card would have to be Immediately cancelled, before the die roll is made. Yes ? if they could.

Once a card's die roll has been made, it can not be cancelled. Yes ?

Like a Taken over, it must be cancelled immediately. If not, the card takes effect. Taken Over can be cancelled later, but the effect - the zombies - stay. Same mechanic ? If Smell of Brians is not immediately cancelled, either by card or fight. The Zombies move and fight. Yes ?

In my example, it was the zombie turn, where the hero does not have a move action. Yes ?

I dont have Growing Hunger with me either. Im pretty sure, even though the Hero ended their move in a free search location. The horse does not quailfy as 'Moving" or "ending their move action" to get the free search.

Are you saying the Hero would get a free search using the horse ? So I could enter a building, use the free search. Then use the horse to go to another building and get another free search ? Their move action ended in the first building. Yes ?

Hugz, and thankz
There's no "immediately" required in this case. You're not playing slap jack. When you play the card, they'll have plenty of opportunity to cancel the card if they have any cards or abilities (Father Joe) to do so if they want to.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's