TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I know, I was reading again, Break Test ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I was reading this;

Hand Weapon Break Tests (Addition - Rulebook p.15)
Hand Weapon Items are the most common way for a Hero to get a Combat Bonus:. Although powerful tools in the Hero's fight against the Zombies, most of these weapons do have a chance of breaking during combat. Many Hand Weapons have the text:

After each use, Breaks on X (Discard).

This means that after the Hero gains the Combat Bonus: of the weapon, they must roll an additional die to see if the weapon Breaks. This is called a Break Test. If the Break Test roll is equal to X as printed on the card (usually 1 or 2), the Hand Weapon is destroyed in the fight and must be discarded. It is important to note that whether or not the weapon Breaks, the Combat Bonus still takes affect.

So, does that mean after each use ?

or only after each use when the combat bonus was needed/used ?

Meaning not all hand weapons are always used. Like we normally do not roll an extra fight die for the baseball bat unless the Heroes are losing. Then add a fight die, and check for Break. The Crow Bar only lets you win on Ties. If a tie was not present, do you still do a Break Test ? or only after it is used to resolve a tie ?
If you didn't need the crow bar to win on a tie, no break chance. Combat Bonus: on weapons is not automatic; you have to opt in to using it. Only in that situation do you check for breakage. The hero player could (for unknown reasons!) opt to activate the bonus even if it wouldn't help him, and have to check for breakage.
Hi, thankz. Thats the way we been playing it.

I know I ask a bunch of stupid questions, and I probably will never stop Watchmen02

I play in a small group of friends, and I do not get much of a chance to play with other groups. So, i worry if things in our group are misunderstood.

Like, a couple of months ago I was playing, with the guy who introduced me to LNOE, and I had to correct him on some stuff. Which really brought a lot of confusion for me. It turned out I was correct.

I was learning the game Lancaster this past weekend. With 2 people who had played it before. One of the guys who had played before, said the guy explaing the rules was wrong. after some deliberation. It was determined the guy explaining the rules was correct. so.....the other guy had been playing it wrong with his other group.

So if im obnoxious, Watchmen02 Im not intending to be. I would rather get it right here, before I mess up at a game group, or trying to explain to someone.

Thank you
I know what you mean. I'm always the one to read the rule books and explain games to people I play with, so... I'm used to it.

On that note: game with the worst rulebook that I've ever tried to read seems to belong to "Android" by Fantasy Flight. 20 pages in, I'm still reading a listing of pieces and had no clue what the game was even remotely about. That's one game I made very clear to my friend who bought it, "we are NEVER playing this".
(11-30-2011 03:16 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean. I'm always the one to read the rule books and explain games to people I play with, so... I'm used to it.

On that note: game with the worst rulebook that I've ever tried to read seems to belong to "Android" by Fantasy Flight. 20 pages in, I'm still reading a listing of pieces and had no clue what the game was even remotely about. That's one game I made very clear to my friend who bought it, "we are NEVER playing this".

LOL I can relate to that.
I appreciate all your questions because sometimes I have run into the same situation and just did it one way, but wondered if others do it differently. Also, hearing other questions and answers early before I come across it helps me to know more overall for when it does come up. I'll know what to do then. Keep asking!
Ok i have a question about break test i know some of the cards have a breaks on q 1 or what ever but how about meat cleaver or stuff like that do you still need to do a break test after i use it even though it dont say to?
@makeroot
No if it doesn't have a break test on the card, the only way that
weapon or item will go away is from a zombie card that may cancel
it somehow. So no you do not roll for a break test.
Reference URL's