TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Last of the Original 8: Johnny and Sally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Zombie fans! As promised, here are some pics of my Johnny and sally minis I recently finished. These are the last of my original 8; I only have the GH 4 left. Then I can finally get into my Touch of Evil figs. I think those sculpts are much cooler. Or maybe, just maybe, I will get FANG from my wife for Christmas. Those guys look really cool too.

I did these with Testors enamel paints, as I have in the past. Most of my other minis have a stickiness to them I have been trying to avoid, and I think I may have figured it out. I got the matching Testors enamel thinner this time, and immediately noticed that it mixed into the paint better. My washes also mixed up much more consistently. In the end, these 2 are not sticky at all, and they also don't have the shine some of my other figures ended up with (although they look a bit shiny in the pics from my lighting).

Here is Sally:
[Image: vikinglad_sally_front.JPG] [Image: vikinglad_sally_front_2.JPG] [Image: vikinglad_sally_back.JPG]

...and Johnny. I tried to match the baseball bat card, with some shell-toed Adidas:
[Image: vikinglad_johnny_front.JPG] [Image: normal_vikinglad_johnny_side.JPG] [Image: vikinglad_johnny_back.JPG]

So here are my Original 8, led by my Ash hero:
[Image: vikinglad_original_8_plus_1.JPG]

That pic above is my first post of my first paint on the LNOE guys: ole' Carbonite Billy. Poor Billy got hit with some enamel sealer from the hardware store that was waaaaaayyy too thick, and was forever encased in a permanent block of carbonite. Luckly, we all hates Billy in our group, so he don't get much play. Here is a better look, for posterity:
[Image: vikinglad_carbonite_billy.JPG]

Lots of experimentation on that guy: first wash, first drybrushing, and first basing. Watchmen02
Very cool. Thanks for the stickiness notes too, I can see that being useful.
Btw, is there some reason you left the two best fighters to last?
Thanks for sharing vikinglad. Now onto GH then SofF. Should be done in time for BitF. (Blood in the Forest)Watchmen02 Sally and Johnny look well more polished than Kid Karbonite! I like the stripes you did on Johnny's jacket too. Sally's highlighted hair looks good cool and the skirts done good too. Decent looking bases. I like how Ash gets the center of attention in your picture!

So for getting the original 8 done you've earned a +1 rep. Keep at it and spread the word about the hobbyWatchmen02
Thanks for the kind words. I had lots of fun doing these.
(12-08-2011 08:31 AM)Zinthos Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool. Thanks for the stickiness notes too, I can see that being useful.
Btw, is there some reason you left the two best fighters to last?

Ha! I saved these two for last because of Johnny's pinstriping and Sally's skirt. I wanted to get in as much practice on the others as I could before trying these two, as they seemed the hardest to me.
Love em! great job! keepem comin! I love to check out other peoples
creative talent.
Thanks Pred. I felt a little bad posting these after your incredible FANG minis. Glad you enjoyed them. Zombie13
Do you have SOTF expansion? Bc if you do, I don't see why billy
isn't a most wanted character. His special comes in handy when
building barricades or, drawing survivor deck cards. Oh! If you go
to lowes or home depot, (assuming you are in US)(if not your local
hardware store and find a stripper used for wood (its just what I
have from a summer project on my book shelves) and see if it will
strip the enamel. It has worked on mine, with out melting the figure.
No SotF yet. Maybe for christmas...
Reference URL's