TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Free Search-Search Clarification Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. ok.....This is the way i play it.

A hero can use a free search marker if they end their movement in the building.

OR

A hero already in a building can search, aka not move.

The card states 1) Move Action ( move OR search )

So, here was the exact situation. Stacey came into play as a replenish, during the zombie turn. Rolled the Barn for a random building, with a free search marker in it She was placed right on the spawning pit.

For Stacey's turn, the player (aka my son) wanted to end her move, by not moving - thats ok - Search according to he ability. Then use the free search, because she ended her move in the building. Im ok with that. He then wanted to search, because he was already in the building.

So, I could not find in the rules where it states that you can NOT use a free search marker AND perform a normal search. Maybe its because it was a 3am game. To me it has always made sense. You either have moved and use the free search or not move to search.

Can someone direct me to where it states you can not do both ?

Or am I wrong ?

I kept saying its an OR statement not and AND
I am inclined to go with the following logic:

A: IF entering building with Free Search, Player may then Use Search Marker- This allows A search action if one was not possible.
B: If player began in Building and Has Option to use move option or Search , and Player Searched via normal routine they may not execute FREE Search Token.
C: If player began in Building and Has Option to use move option or Search , and Player moved (remaining within building) via normal routine they may execute FREE Search Token.

It basically allows for 1 search per turn, and allows as a bonus a search if one was not possible. Net result, 1 search in building.
She gets both (if she wants).
(12-16-2011 05:11 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]She gets both (if she wants).

But not all 3 ? Yes i Agree about using her ability, and the free search. But not to also, in the same turn do a normal search. even though she started there.
I don't get how you could come up with a three. What's the source of the third? One for using your move action to search, and the other from ending your move in a building with a free search marker.
I'm still stumped on 2,
I thought Free Search allowed you to search when conditions otherwise prevented you?

Thus the reasoning for my logic above...
Thats the way I play it. For example Billy runs into the police station from an outside tile (A. he has used his movement action. B. he ends up in the Police Station which has a Free Search Marker, which entitles him to snag it and grab a card which he would not usually be able to do since he moved for his action. ) Now if the marker card was called 'Hoarding'
then I can see the reason to do 2 searches.

(12-16-2011 07:38 PM)Atraangelis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still stumped on 2,
I thought Free Search allowed you to search when conditions otherwise prevented you?

Thus the reasoning for my logic above...
For Free Search Markers I have always taken the "end their movement" phrase in the rules to rules to mean that they must have moved. Moving and regular searching are incompatible, so I would disallow Free Search plus regular Search.

As for Stacey, I have always taken the "Move" in her special ability to mean the phase "Move Action Phase", not just "when she moves", so when she sits still and searches on a pit she gets 2 cards per turn.

I wonder now if these are inconsistent, but they each feel correct.

Stacy is pretty crappy, having the friendly interpretation for her makes her a much more playable character.
Posted by mqstout - 12-16-2011 03:08 PM
I don't get how you could come up with a three. What's the source of the third? One for using your move action to search, and the other from ending your move in a building with a free search marker.

Stacey came on the board as a replenish. She was placed in the barn, with a free search marker in it, and on a Spawning pit.

My son wanted to:
On Stacey's turn-
Get a card for being on a spawning pit OK
End her move for the Free Search Marker OK
Search normally Not So OK

Stacey moved so she cant search noramlly Correct ?
I forgot about Stacy's spawning pit bit. She'd get three.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's