TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Optional Zombie House Rule: opinions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks been toying around with a House rule.

Some of my players have minor issues with how zombies can move throug walls without impediment.

What are the thoughts of adding a simple die roll mechanic:
1-2 Fails to pass wall due to some issue, hung up on beam of wood, hole ect...(move ends, re-roll next turn), 3-6 moves as normal.

What implications can this have on the game, How might it impact Barricade rule?
Zombie wall movement is a fairly important part of the asymmetry of the game. Your suggestion is like giving the players a free barricade on every wall.

A smaller change would be to require that zombies move horizontally/vertically when passing thru walls (the way players must at doors). Which is something suggested in my group after a small Zombie winning streak.

But any detrimental change to Zombie movement will seriously disadvantage them. Probably by more than you expect. Since I think competent heroes have the advantage in most games, I wouldn't go harming the Zombies chances.

On the other hand, perhaps a different way to think about your idea is as a "Tough Walls" game option from a dots perspective, then ask yourself how many dots is it worth?

I would guess its worth around 8 dots, maybe more.

On the other side on the coin, why can't heroes go thru walls?
We assume Zombies might break thru wallboards/windows/floor. Perhaps they can do this because they don't care about minor scraps and gouges the building does to them. So perhaps we should let players move thru walls at a cost of one wound? (or maybe a wound on a 4+).

I think "Wounds for Wall Passage" would only be a 1-2 dot option, while 50% wounds for wall passage might be worth 4-6 dots.
Oh.. I like that idea much better....dots..brilliant..

They could nominate buildings with tough walls and place a marker there.
Each marker equivalent to XX dots...
Zinthos those are interesting ideas
They are definitely interesting ideas, but the zombies need the ability to move through doors. The heroes should be able to move an average of 3 spaces each turn. This would allow them to get away too easily (IMHO)
Reference URL's