TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Feeding Frenzy house rule?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What about a House Rule that when a Hero is killed and doesn't become a Zombie Hero, all zombies in that space i.e. those who killed him, cannot be moved the next turn as they are busy feeding? This could be shown by simply lying the zombie model(s) down for one turn.

This could be used as a distraction to buy time for other Heroes. It's a bit like the horse in Episode 1 of the Walking Dead allowing Rick the chance to escape from the tank.

Any thoughts?
I think since the game is on a turn time basis, and the zombies only
(usually) move one space per turn, it would just be yet another
advantage the Hero's have.
Though I like the reality of the idea, because it makes perfect since,
its just wouldn't be good in a game where the sun tracker is involved.
I like the idea a lot. It makes excellent thematic sense, and I suspect that had it been in the original rules, people would have accepted it without much comment.

On the downside, it penalizes Zombies, which I am always opposed to.
Still, it only hurts them when they have just had some luck, this kind of hurt the leader/lucky mechanism is very european-game style and I am generally in favor of it.

It is slightly incompatible with the Heroes Always Replenish/Always Zombie Hero option pair, in that it never triggers.
There is no doubt in my mind that a Replacement Hero+Zombie Hero favors the Hero side substantially more than having neither happen, so a mild Zombie penalty when neither happens is a good thing.

As a minor note, if you play the Not-enough-left-over option, that exploded Heroes don't become Zombies, then I would think that exploded heroes don't provide a food distraction either.

For clarity I would explicitly state whether such zombies will fight any Heroes present. I would expect yes, since you have only suggested a movement restriction.

And finally I wonder if it should only be when the Hero dies in a fight.

You could try this lesser version of the Rule and see how it plays:
"When a Hero dies from losing a fight, and (for whatever reason) does not become a Zombie Hero, the Zombie who won the fight may not move during its next movement phase. The zombie is presumed to be eating some hard earned flesh. (We recommend placing a wound or similar marker under the zombie to track this)"

It simple, thematic, reasonably low impact. I think I will give it a spin next chance I get.

Thanks for the idea Panzer.
This came up before and I think it's a great dot ability, probably worth 2 dots or so in the heroes' favor. It'd be a good counterbalance to the 21-zombie ability.

Edit: worth less, due to the part where you wrote "when they don't become a ZH", since those situations are exceedingly rare.
"When a Hero dies from losing a fight, and (for whatever reason) does not become a Zombie Hero, the Zombie who won the fight may not move during its next movement phase. The zombie is presumed to be eating some hard earned flesh. (We recommend placing a wound or similar marker under the zombie to track this)"

What about a House Rule that when a Hero is killed and doesn't become a Zombie Hero, all zombies in that space i.e.....

Hi, I get the concept, but not really :p

I think the first thing to be resolved is, is it, The zombie that killed the Hero, or All Zombie in the Space ? That could be a big difference.

So....why is the Hero not becoming a ZH ? Always Zombie Heroes with Hero Replenish, that is a balance Dot System. well, explosions do not always make ZH...but Zombie dont make explosions either, so that is not a Zombie kill ( or a hero losing a fight )

Sure...I would agree to playing with out Always Zombie Hero and Replenish, when a Zombie kills a Hero-That Zombie can not move on its next turn, 'cause they is to busy eating some yummy Hero head. Just make sure your ok playing with out Replenish.

Another Point; The horse, in WD, was a sacrifice that allowed the Hero time to escape. Zombie are always taking donations and sacrifices. So, as a stratgey, sacrificing a hero, so others could escape is a great idea. No repenish Watchmen02 I think adding Always Zombie Hero helped reduce the amount of sacrifices.

I cant see a Zombie player, allowing this Hero Benefit with out a compensation. What about, if the same zombie that killed the hero, and lost a turn. Became a Grave Weapon Zombie ? Sorta like a Power up, yah know like when mario would eat a mushroom Watchmen02

Hugz
Reference URL's