TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My storage solution for LNOE w/ room for expansions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=1027]

hello everyone! i'm new to the forum and wanted to join to share both my enthusiasm for lnoe and a simple storage solution i came up with yesterday for my copy of the base game. i haven't played the game very much since i bought it a few years ago since i moved across the country for a couple of years away from my gaming group, but recently we all got back together and got very interested in playing it again so i wanted something more organized and durable than the stock box. i like this solution because it's cheap, see-through, and will probably withstand a lot of moving around and handling for many years.

[attachment=1028]

i went to michael's and picked up a small bead container for all the little pieces. as you can see, it fits everything from the base game perfectly, with only one divider removed for the bigger lights out/take cover markers. here's a link to the same one i got : http://www.michaels.com/Small-Bead-Box/b...ds-storage the important thing is that it has the removable dividers.

i almost got the medium sized container (http://www.michaels.com/Medium-Bead-Box/...-storage), but i don't play expansions much yet and wanted it all to fix in the main box. this bigger container would probably be better for holding all the expansion pieces if you use them a lot.

[attachment=1030]
[attachment=1029]

the next piece i got was a scrapbooking storage box (http://www.michaels.com/Iris-Storage-Con...-storage). it fits the board size perfectly. i tried to show in the photos in a side view how much space is left, which should hold a good amount of expansion material. the only thing i might change about this is adding a thin piece of foam on the bottom and maybe the sides, because there are 2 little nubs of plastic on the bottom that might eat into the board over time, and since the board pieces don't fit snuggly might wear out by hitting the sides inside.

[attachment=1031]

finally, today i picked up 2 clear deckboxes for the cards. i had a choice between a "50 count" box and a "100 count" box. i would like to have had a single deck box for all cards, but the 100 wasn't big enough for that, and the 50 was too small for the 2 decks separately. this will leave room for expansion later i suppose, and both still fit in the scrapbooking box comfortably.

i already played a 1-on-1 game with my cousin last night using the bead container and it worked really well in keep things organized! hope this helps some of you!

[attachment=1032]
Hmm this is a bit similar to what I use, minus the scrap book
container. I like it though.
How do you keep your carpets so clean!?!
That is the exact setup that I use. I have had my container for a little over a year and have seen no problems with it or my game boards. Not bad from Michaels, even when you get a 50 percent off coupon .
It does look like he laid new carpets just for those pictures.
I like it, but using the boxes the game came with add character. Then again I don't have any of the expansions.
I just removed the insert from the original box and have everything in ziplocks and rubberbands. Everything from that box plus the expansions all fit quite comfortably.
Very Cool!

I always try and keep the original boxes though because when they all get stacked in the closet I can Clearly see what is the name of each game. Mind you if this is your only game...
This does look help full. i'm using ziplocs for all the counters and figures right now cause i just got mine but was thinking of getting something better for the whole set. there's just so many of everything and i have more on the way! Oh and i definitely recommend card sleeves for the decks. I use clear ultra-pro card sleeves for the heroes and black for the zommmmbiiies!! That way you can shuffle the crap outta them with out them getting all tattered and worn.
Very nice!
Almost similar to how we storage our games, we have just used the cheap way with a big shoe box to hold the rest of the game.

The original boxes are kept in the corner beside it though. can't really let my self throw it out...
I definitely still have the original boxes, especially since I've actually gone back to using it/them for the board pieces. I found the scrapbooking box too big and didn't like everything rattling inside and hitting the sides and wearing out the corners potentially. I do however still use the bead container, and it worked so well the last game night I had with my friends and was easy to carry with the original box (only played the base game that night). I intend on getting the bigger sized bead container sometime in the future when I get the chance to check out some expansions. I'd like different color zombies someday for contrast if there are 2 zombie players and the bead container would be great for the additional sets.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's