TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: T-Bone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love T-Bone, and I want to make him a playable Hero! I have a couple of ideas on how to do it, but I thought I'd come here to see what y'all think.

First, I definitely want to give him an ability inspired by his actual card, so I was thinking of something like "Back Up" that would grant an extra fight die to any Student hero in the same space, basically identical to how Amanda can grant an extra fight die to any Male hero in the same space.

T-Bone is also pretty big for a Student, so I was thinking of giving him the unique trait of having both Youth and 3 Health Boxes.

Finally, I definitely see him as a Bro type, so I'm thinking about giving him something like "Come At Me, Bro!", though I'm afraid this might be too complicated:
Zombie Hunger always forces a Zombie to move into T-Bone's space, even if there are other Heroes adjacent to it.
During the Zombie Fight step, if the Zombies in T-Bone's space cannot be split evenly between Heroes, T-Bone always has to fight more zombies.

Other than that, he'd be "Student - Male" and have "Start: Gym".

EDIT: Most Recent Version...

T-BONE
FOOTBALL JOCK
Student - Male
START: GYM

Special Rules:
ASSIST - Any Student Hero in the same space may roll one extra Fight Die.
COME AT ME, BRO! - When an adjacent Zombie would move due to Zombie Hunger, may force that Zombie to move into his space on the roll of 3+.
YOUTH - May give up a Move Action to Fully Heal.
2 Health Boxes
I like all of these ideas. The drawback part of "Come At Me, Bro!" seems to fit with the rest well. Cook it up!

Also, welcome to the boards!
Hi

The Back Up idea is pretty kewl.

A youth ability with 3 health boxes is a bit to powerful.

I like your concept of "Come at me Bro!" I agree, figuring out the wording could be complicated. Keep in mind Abilities are an option. So, i do disagree with;

Zombie Hunger always forces a Zombie to move into T-Bone's space, even if there are other Heroes adjacent to it.

It becomes an extra procedure for the Zombie player. The Heroes ability should be hero specific and not another players rule, or procedure. amand's ability is Hero based and effects heroes, zombie actions are not hindered-altered-etc...

During the Zombie Fight step, if the Zombies in T-Bone's space cannot be split evenly between Heroes, T-Bone always has to fight more zombies.

That sounds fun, and dangerous. Abilities are an option, not a requirement. Sally DOES NOT have to make a zombie reroll, Becky DOES NOT have to heal a hero in her space.

It should be worded that T-Bone must fight more zombies than any other Hero in the space. Lets say T-Bone is in a space with another Hero and there are 2 zombies. This also allows for him to fight the extra zombie, when splitting zombie vs hero fights. Agian, is this a rule or ability.

Yet, i still see it as an option, not a rule. So, if i were T-Bone, why would i want to activate that ability ?

OR what if T-Bone had the ability of "Back To Back", that sorta ties into his "Back Up" Ability. but makes him extra tough, plus 4 to fight and an extra fight die when the zombie gets there. its sorta like amanda's abilities, i could support that. But that is not what your going for, sorry. MHO

Hugz
PJ: Don't forget Father Joe's immunity to a certain zombie card. It's not an unset precedent.
(12-28-2011 03:35 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]PJ: Don't forget Father Joe's immunity to a certain zombie card. It's not an unset precedent.

I think Father Joe got screwed here. Most Heroes get at least, 2 abilites.

There are plenty of Zombie cards that state, Play on any hero with the Key Word; Student or Strange or with out the Key Word Student...etc.

The card in question should state, Can not be played on "Holy" So, i think Father Joe should have had a real ability, not that one. Yet, it does not so, mute point.

Just as many zombie cards refer to Student, or Strange, or not a Student or female or male/female, etc. Father Joes Ability does not effect the zombie player any more than any other heroes attribute such as student, strange, non student, male, female....etc

Happy Father Joe is a male - holy. Because he is holy the LNOE card can not be played on him. end of that ability.

So, if a hero is wearing the rosery, and gains the key word holy. They are still subject to the LNOE card. see it should state on the card "cant be played on holy" and give Father Joe a real ability.

MHO
Thanks for the replies! ^_^

About "Come At Me, Bro!", the reason that its forced instead of an options is exactly because I think that T-Bone would be waaay too powerful if it weren't forced. I realize that the Youth ability paired with 3 health boxes is sort of a big deal, so while "Come At Me, Bro!" can certainly have some tactical advantages when it comes to the Zombie Hunger part, it can also be a detriment, and the part forcing him to fight more Zombies than other heroes is nothing but a detriment. It even makes the "Back Up" ability less useful. Giving T-Bone the -option- to force Zombies into his space would make him faaar too powerful, in my opinion. It wouldn't be the only ability that can be detrimental. There's Sally's Lightweight or Father Joseph's inability to use Guns, for example.

But if we don't like these ideas, can we come up with another Bro-themed ability that could also serve as enough of a possible detriment to offset Youth with 3 health boxes? Or can Youth with 3 health boxes simply not be balanced? I always thought that 4 health boxes was too much to be balanced, but then Sam came along with that and an additional great ability. The way I look at it, comparing to Sam, T-Bone has one less health box plus Youth (the standard difference between students and other characters) and an ability, "Back Up", that I honestly don't think is as good as "Brawling" (especially not considering that "Come At Me, Bro!" keeps "Back Up" from being used to its full extent). I want "Come At Me, Bro!" or whatever other Bro-themed ability we can come up with to be a double-edged sword and thus pretty much balance-neutral.

Then again... I guess that when I really think about it forcing Zombies Hunger to prioritize him isn't really a detriment to the Heroes at all. After all, if there are 5 zombies in one space and two heroes each in a different adjacent space, the zombies can all move towards the same hero, and if there's one zombie adjacent to a space with 3 heroes and another space with 1 hero, the zombie can choose to move toward the 1 hero. If moving toward T-Bone is advantageous for the zombies, they would have done it anyway, so it only becomes a detriment to the Zombies forcing them to move where they don't want to sometimes... Hmm... What if I scrap that part then and just have "Come At Me, Bro!" force T-Bone to fight more Zombies and have that be all it does?

EDIT: Alternatively! I could get rid of "Back Up" and have "Come At Me, Bro!" be his singular ability other than Youth and have it allow him to discard a card or something to force a Zombie to move towards his square? The shame about that would be that without "Back Up" there's nothing about him that's evocative of his original card. I could fit it in still if I brought him down to 2 health boxes like a normal student hero, but I sort of really like the idea of him being tougher than the other student...
All right! I'm pretty sure that I'm satisfied with this new version. I had to give up on the idea of having both Youth and 3 health boxes, but I really like this new version of Come At Me, Bro!

T-BONE
THE FOOTBALL JOCK
Student - Male
START: GYM

Special Rules:
ASSIST - Any Student Hero in the same space may roll one extra Fight Die.
COME AT ME, BRO! - When an adjacent Zombie would move due to Zombie Hunger, may force that Zombie to move into his space on the roll of 3+.
YOUTH - May give up a Move Action to Fully Heal.
2 Health Boxes

This is fun, I might do some of the other Townsfolk...

EDIT: Renamed "Backup" as "Assist" because "Assist" is also a football term, so it fits his theme better.
Reference URL's