TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Grave Weapon Sequense Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I have a question about game mechanics or steps, procedures or what ever you want to call it.

ZOMBIE GRAVE WEAPON:
Explosive
At the end of each Zombie Turn, roll a D6. On the roll of 6 (or if the Zombie is killed), the Zombie explodes. Any other Zombies in its space are Killed on the roll of 2+, any Hero there is Killed on the roll of 5+. Any model in an adjacent space takes a Wound on the D6 roll of 5 or 6

If at the end of a Zombie Turn an Explosive Zombie, explodes. What is the sequence of events that would follow? I think that if the Explosive Zombie dies in a regular fight, the procedure should be the same…..but not really.

If it’s the Zombie Turn, the zombie Player rolls first, since it’s their turn. (checking for wounds or kills)
If it’s the Hero Turn, the hero player rolls first since it’s their turn. (checking for wounds or kills)

The sequence or steps or procedure I use or did was;

Zombie Player rolls, for the explosive Zombie at the end of the turn, and it explodes. Roll Kills for all Zombies in the same space. Then roll for zombie wounds in all adjacent spaces. Start of the Hero Turn, any Hero adjacent to or in the same space as an Exploded Zombie. Must roll for being Killed or wounded FIRST. Or actually I think its still part of the Zombie Turn, and Heroes would still roll after the current Zombie player.

What are your ideas ? Procedures ? Steps ?

Thankz
Begin with why you think the order would matter?
I guess it might be an issue if you played grave weapons on die zombie die or revenge of the dead but that would be very rare. I would have to ask how does your group handle dynamite and gas explosions? I know my did by heroes choice of what order to go in so I would say that this should be zombies choice, for my group at least.
Watchmen02

I ask this question because of residual effects.

What if there is a second explosive zombie. Do both zombies explode, then a hero check for wounds twice ? First zombie explodes, check for other zombie wounds or kills. If there is another explosive zombie, roll them last. second zombie explodes, repeat procedure.

What if there is a Blood Spray Zombie, that is killed as a result of the Explosive.

What is the fair way to determine this ? There should be one clear answer. That why i figured who's ever turn it is, they roll first. During your Turn, be it Hero or Zombie, you would benefit by this procedure. Im not electing for a constant benefit for either side, a balance should be acheived.

I can not find any reference, or prodedure for an Explosive Zombie.

If you follow the card, I read it as this;

the Zombie explodes
Any other Zombies in its space are Killed on the roll of 2+, MAKE A ROLL
any Hero there is Killed on the roll of 5+. MAKE A ROLL

Any model in an adjacent space takes a Wound on the D6 roll of 5 or 6 MAKE A ROLL,

since the card starts with Zombies rolling first, zombies would roll first. ----This could be very bad for heroes---- it would be better if heroes could roll first, at least on their Turn. So, we/I have House Ruled, who's ever turn it is, rolls first. Im actually trying to eliminate all "House rules", at least for me.

This is what actually happened. We were playing Alls Hallow Eve II. During the same Zombie Turn. The Heroes Killed a Blood Spray in Father Joes space. and well of course i infected Father Joe. well i had marched an explosive zombie next to Father Joe. End of the Turn, the exploder, exploded. There were no other zombies around to check for wounds or kills. The Hero rolled for Father Joe, As a result Father Joe took a wound. End of Game.

The above example does not apply to the question. Yet, it made me wonder.... what if...what should.....etc...
We as a group play that he who rolls for, let's call it "damage" is the one who is in his turn. That being zombieturn or heroturn.

For example: when zombie melee attacks a hero they fight at the same time. Same goes for when a hero attacks a zombie by hand.
When a hero shoots at a zombie, his diceroll determines the zombies fait. With exploisions, bloodray, ... That goes the same way. He who triggers the effect does the damageroll on the target. Be it hero or zombie, that does not matter.
I'm still not seeing any way in which the order matters.
To come back on PJON her first post: rolling for damage does happen immediatly does it not?
When you get hurt, you get wounded that does not matter if it is in the hero turn or the zombieturn nor do the heroes wait untill it's their turn to check for wounds.

I also don't see why order matters as I think everything happens at the same time.
Hi, I do agree it is a "same time" effect. I can not roll for every zombie, at once. I roll every zombie or hero by space.

Yes, i could lay out every model on the board, place co-ordinating dice in hand and roll.

I also agree with Emp, in if its who ever causes the effect, finishes the effect.

That is why I was saying if its a zombie turn, they roll, then Heoes roll.

I still think order matter.

Zombie explodes, blood spray dies-infects hero, hero rolls and dies
Zombie explodes, Hero rolls, blood spray dies and infect hero.

Yes, it is a same time effect, or a cause and effect. Even if i could lay out every model on the board, place co-ordinating dice in hand and roll.

which came first ? infection or wound ? chicken or egg ? As a Zombie Player, it really does not matter to me. Either way, its not good for Heroes. And there are always more zombies. So when i do play Hero, i do want the benefit of rolling first, and not dieing.
Ahh, I see what you're saying. I would always default to the order written in the ability/card.
(12-29-2011 06:59 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Zombie explodes, blood spray dies-infects hero, hero rolls and dies
Zombie explodes, Hero rolls, blood spray dies and infect hero.

which came first ? infection or wound ? chicken or egg ? As a Zombie Player, it really does not matter to me. Either way, its not good for Heroes. And there are always more zombies. So when i do play Hero, i do want the benefit of rolling first, and not dieing.

I would play this as resolving the first triggered effect first, then moving on to any collateral effects.
So, Explosive zombie goes Boom, make all the rolls for all the zombies and heroes that would be effected, and assign the wounds and remove anything killed. Then, check to see if anything else triggers, in this case the Bloodspray.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's