TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Ghughhh Need Brains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Zombie24 Hello Common Frogs and Zombies,

RPeers here in the great (and currently less then) white north, why no snow in Whitby(Ontario) in January? meh more time for boardgames. I have wanted to get Last Night on Earth since I heard about it from a friend in Toronto that has it and raves about it. With the moneys I got from xmas I decided to order LNOE, on sale on amazon to save a few bucks for some supplements, which I ordered direct from the flying frog. LNOE just arrived in the mail today and I am quite excited to try it out. Hopefully the supplements will arrive on the evening truck. The wife has promised to play tonight if work doesn't keep us too late, we own a restaurant and it has interrupted my plans before Insane21 .

Upon unboxing LNOE I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of the pieces that come with the game. The thick cardboard character cards and scenarios are a nice touch many a company would have cheaped out on the card stock. The miniatures are nicely detailed and very cool to look at, especially nice that the zombies aren't all identical. I am glad that I have kept that old boombox around it will make it easier for playing the CD in the games room, interesting that I have never played a game with its own sound track, hope it last through the whole game and I don't finish in silence.

Besides Catan this will be the first new style boardgame for me to try out, but I already know I am going to love it.

RPeers Zombie20
Grreting and Welcome RPeers. Which supplements did you order ?

You own a reasturant ? I find that exciting. You should start a game group at your place ? Have fun, make friends, and make money Watchmen02

Yes, Flying Frog does have good, quality game parts. I think it helps add to the Game play. Wait until you want the other expansions Watchmen02

Stick around, Share your fun. As we do Watchmen01
Thanks Princess,

Owning a restaurant is far less fun then it sounds I assure you, although it has granted me world fame through Restaurant Makeover. Maybe a board game night would be fun if I can get the word out to a hipper crowd.

I ordered advanced abilities, revenge of the dead, zombie pillage, radioactive grave dead, hero pack 1 and survival of the fittest. I may have gone a little overboard for a game I have yet to play Watchmen02 but it looks so awesome. I was going to order the Stock Up, but ironically out of stock, and my wife said to not get everything as my birthday is coming up so hopefully it will be in stock then and she can get me that and Growing Hunger.

RPeers
Well that's it work is done now just a hop, skip, and ajump home and I can try er out can't wait
(01-11-2012 08:28 PM)rpeers Wrote: [ -> ]...my wife said to not get everything as my birthday is coming up so hopefully it will be in stock then and she can get me that and Growing Hunger.

Welcome rpeers. Your wife sounds awesome. The best part is, LNOE is just the beginning. I got A Touch of Evil next, and loved it even more. Now, I just got Fortune and Glory for Christmas, and it is their most impressive yet. I have never even tried Invasion from Outer Space or Conquest of Planet Earth. I could receive Flying Frog presents for years and still have stuff to get from them! Zombie17
Welcome to TZG,Oh Canada.....Years ago I spent a lost week hanging out at Puppets in Toronto ,it left me fond
memories of Canadian Restaurants.

OD
Greetings reeprs I'm glad the restaurant business is going well. I hope you cater for all types of guests. I enjoy a glass of warm peasant blood when I visit and some spiced brains on the menu for my Zombie minions. Hope you stick around you seem dead keen anywayWatchmen02
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

So last night was a success for me, I won as the heroes. Although next time I doubt she will continue to send the zombies at me one at a time for most of the game lol made killing them a lot easier I'm sure. The game took us the better part of three hours to play through as we had to keep refering to the rules throughout, so needless to say the cd soundtrack didnot keep up and had to be restarted. I suspect we will fly through our turns next game.

I had a great time playing the heroes I had Sally, Jenny, Sherriff, and The Drifter. My wife had a good time for the middle hour, as the first was spent mainly reading and rereading the rules(see fights below, should probably read see fights three pages further on) and was quite tired of it by the end. Although she will be trying again soon.

Great news for me! Just as I was leaving for work the post showed up and I got my package from Flying Frog. So I have had all day so far to look through all the new cards and scenarios. I think things are going to get complicated.

Look forward to playing it again
RPeers

P.S. maybe we can serve you guys up some cow brains I don't know and human suppliers.
Was she playing with the Grave Weapon Zombies ????

Best place for brains are High Schools. Lots of fresh brains with nothing on their minds. LOL
(01-12-2012 10:29 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Was she playing with the Grave Weapon Zombies ????

Best place for brains are High Schools. Lots of fresh brains with nothing on their minds. LOL

No the SotF only arrived this morning so no grave weapons for her yet.

Parents tend to put up fuss when their prescious snow flake sgo missing, now the homeless...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's