TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Risk Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 67837.jpg]

Has anyone tried this one?
I've played it a couple of times with my group and we've had great fun.

I assume everyone's familiar with Risk, so here's what's different about Legacy: Everything you do has lasting effects!

That's right. The game changes as you play it. You can modify territories with so called 'Scar cards' and give them a bonus or penalty. If you win a game, you'll get a bonus next time you play and at the end of each game you get a change to modify the world by placing cities, affecting continental bonuses and more.

Each race also gets bonuses as the world evolves, called starting powers.

[Image: risk_legacy_setup.jpg]

Another cool thing is that you "unlock" content as you go play more by opening envelopes when certain events occur.

The rest of the game is pretty standard Risk.

Pros: It's a great spin on the classic game of Risk. You really have to think twice before you act, also modifying the world is great fun.
Cons: The modifying process only lasts about 15 games. Although, a little bird told me there might be a unique spin on each copy of the game when the world is fully shaped.
Rating: ****/*****. The game is great fun and I'd recommend it for everyone who likes Risk. The one thing I don't like about it is the lack of ability to modify dice rolls when attacking or defending. I know this might be considered a flaw in the normal Risk rules, I just feel the designers should've taken it a step further.

More info: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105134/risk-legacy
- Qhorin
Somehow I can't bring myself to mark up a Game Board

OD
(01-13-2012 07:26 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow I can't bring myself to mark up a Game Board

OD

It's actually really fun! I thought it would get old and the world would be ruined by bad decisions but the game just keeps on getting better.
Reference URL's