TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Mr. Hyde!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As requested by mqstout, here is my attempt at turning Mr. Hyde into a playable Hero character.

As with all of these Townsfolk Heroes that I'm been concocting, I want at least one of their abilities to be reminiscent of their card's effect. For Mr. Hyde, his first ability seems the most thematically interesting, the ability to cancel a fight involving a Student Hero. It even fits very well with his quote: "Run Billy, Run! I'll handle this." Now, I think that actually having the ability to cancel a fight at all would be far too good, but I do like the idea that Mr. Hyde is a teacher that is very protective of his students, so I thought it might be interesting to allow him the option of taking a wound in their place. I originally had the ability be automatic, but I decided to require a roll of 3+. The reason is that having it be automatic would give too much security to Student heroes. Thematically speaking, I don't think that this is an ability that should be able to be counted on entirely.

After that, I had one original ability to work with. Mr. Hyde is the Shop Teacher, so I definitely wanted something evocative of his skills as a craftsman. I considered creating items or repairing items, and then I decided that it might be neat to have him and Mr. Goddard have a similar feature, since they're both teachers. Really, Mr. Goddard's Quick Thinking ability fits perfectly here if we just alter the effect to be an Item card instead of an Event card. It reflects Mr. Hyde making the best of what he has available to him to craft a weapon or other item, sort of a MacGyver-like effect.

Let me know what you think, and also let me know if you have a particular request for the next Townfolk Hero! Watchmen02

MR. HYDE
THE SHOP TEACHER
Teacher - Male
START: HIGH SCHOOL

Special Rules:
CRAFTSMAN - May discard 2 Items at any time to immediately draw a Hero Card or take any Item (except an Animal or Gun) out of the Hero Cards discard pile.
PROTECTIVE - On the roll of 3+, may take a wound in place of a Student Hero in the same space.
3 Health Boxes
That's an awesome interpretation Watchmen02
I've been thinking of how to give the townsfolk a bigger role in the core game. I never went as far as to make them a playable character. Well done!
Hi, Good job. He seems very playable.
Pretty cool dude, I'd say do all of them but before you get to the rest make one for:

Principal Colbert..err Gomez!
(04-05-2012 03:04 PM)LUIJOD Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool dude, I'd say do all of them but before you get to the rest make one for:

owww owwww Do Ole Betsy and Zombie Betsy too Watchmen02
(04-05-2012 03:44 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2012 03:04 PM)LUIJOD Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool dude, I'd say do all of them but before you get to the rest make one for:

Hell yeah I hadn't even thought about making Betsy into a hero! Cool
(04-10-2012 07:48 PM)LUIJOD Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2012 03:44 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]

Hell yeah I hadn't even thought about making Betsy into a hero! Cool

...dont forget the Horsey Watchmen02

One of my heroes wants to know if they get the Betsy Bonus when they are just carring Betsy around. If Betsy becomes a Hero ????

but....ummmmm There are two Zombie Cards, both "My God, He's a Zombie". The image on the cards are, T Bone and Principle Gomez. Both as a Zombie, now. Im not sure how you could convert them, but it could be intersting.
Could it be intersing, craftman sounds good for extra
Reference URL's