TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Lovecraft Monsters from FFG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it's finally HappenedWatchmen02

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_n...?eidn=2994

FFG is offerening Prepaint AH Monster figs.A lot are the
unpainted figs from the MoM & its its expansion but some
are not.They are advertised as AH Game figs but the base
would hold either the Mom counter or the AH counters.

In any case I picked up the non MoM ones as I can't see
buying the painted fig when I already have the unpainted
ones (that I will paint someday).

I think the Dark Young & Dunwich Horror figs are really cool.
FFG calls this the first wave so I expect we may well see
all the Monsters in AH appear at some point.

OD
I am getting a set of the 16 base characters for my AH game.
I had a chance to see the minis up close and they are a equivalent to DnD mini paint quality. at $4 a pop its not bad.

As for the monsters meh im on the fence for them due to the base size.
The Monsters can rebased,I don't really like the bases either,the ones in the MoM Game come
seperate from the base,I don't know about the prepaints.

OD
I'm hoping to get a full set of 18 for my birthday as I have hinted as such to my brother. So here is hoping. The Dunwich Horror is creepy as Hell! Love that fig!
I have the prepainted Investigators & use them in MoM,AH & even Elder Sign they add a lot to the game.
I always hoped FFG would do the Monsters. Now I have no excuse not to paint the MoM ones.

So lets see 5 more Battles of Westeros expansions to paint,3 sets of Battle Cry figs ,The Gears of War fiigs,
The AToE figs ,thank God men in my family tend to live a long time.

OD
FFG also has prepainted minis from their Cadwallon: City of Thieves game -- for an outrageously high price.
Preety cool looking figures. They've really gone for the cosmic horror angle big time and I think they've done a fair job, teeth, tentacles talons and tubes you can't go wrong!
The USPS Tracking show mine are to be delivered today...of course we have a ton of slush around
from last nights snow which went to sleet & now rain.

OD

5:25 PM-they finally arrived.I've been playing Elder Sign to get in the Lovecraft mood.

The Dark Young & Dunwich Horror figs are fantastic.I hope FFG workes them into MoM,
they could be used in AH but really would take up too much room on that Board.

The other figs,especially the Monsters are ok,the human ones are on par with the prepaint
Investigators.The Child of the goat could use a better bra;all the figs come glued to the bases

OD
This is really tempting. I am not really artistic, and have only risked painting the siege cannons of my Shadows over Camelot game. They turned out really well, but I haven't painted the characters yet. While it would be quite expensive, the pre painted figures sure would bring my MoM game to life in 1 week, as I don't have the time or courage to paint them anytime soon.
(01-22-2012 05:21 PM)Habanero Wrote: [ -> ]This is really tempting. I am not really artistic, and have only risked painting the siege cannons of my Shadows over Camelot game. They turned out really well, but I haven't painted the characters yet. While it would be quite expensive, the pre painted figures sure would bring my MoM game to life in 1 week, as I don't have the time or courage to paint them anytime soon.

They would but the cost would be excessive as MoM requires
multiple figs.I only got the figs not provided in MoM as I figure
I will eventually paint the MoM figs.

Of course FFG will probably come out with anothe expansion
that comes with the unpainted figs of the ones I boughtZombie12

OD
Reference URL's