TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Locked Door card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is more of a comment on the card than a question.
When my wife and I first started playing a few weeks ago, we used the locked door card in a more extreme fashion then what the official rules say. Instead of only being play for one turn for the one hero who had the card played on them, we were playing that the door was locked not only for the target hero, but anyone else who might want to go through that door. We even went so far to make the hero search for keys to unlock the door lol. To us, it seemed more realistic. Imagine my letdown as we found an explanation for the card on the FFP wiki.

We still have the house rule that the card affects all heros on that turn for that particular doorway, but we agreed to have it only last 1 turn instead of until keys are found lol.
If you have GH expansion it gives you 2 locked doors tokens to
play the way you are previously playing it, or to keep them locked
until unlocked with keys
That's next on my list. We dont' have any of the expansions yet. But we hunger for them Zombie03
Nom...nom....

Seriously, GH is a nesesity at this stage in your game. It adds alot more to the game.
I make locked doors indefinately with the GH expansion, the tokens are useful. when the hero uses keys, or a zombie passes through the door i remove the token
Hi, I learned making a locked door, stay locked, i was to powerful of a tactic. Most times when a Hero wants to add doors, and the Zombie player gets to keep them locked. The Heroes usually decide not to have extra doors.

I wonder, can I lock door perminant for the all hallow eve 2 ???
We actually use that rule just with a twist so it is a little fair to the Heroes.

When we use the locked door, the door is locked until open with keys, but if a hero is trapped in the building (only 1 door) then after 2 turns he may "smash the window" and climb out with -1 in move.

The door is still locked until opened with keys and other heroes have to use a turn to "climb" inside again.
That's a neat twist, Minav. I'll try it out.
Reference URL's