TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New member here. I own LNoE and Invasion from Outer Space.
Hey welcome!
I'm also kinda new here, anyways just giving you a welcome!

I got a quick question:
Is there a big difference between LNOE and Space... ? besides the theme? Zombie02
(01-28-2012 09:04 PM)Minav Wrote: [ -> ]Hey welcome!
I'm also kinda new here, anyways just giving you a welcome!

I got a quick question:
Is there a big difference between LNOE and Space... ? besides the theme? Zombie02

The two games use the LNoE "engine" so to speak. Same "mechanics." I think whether there is a big difference between the two is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I see the games as being two completely different games. Yet, some of the "Euro Gaming" nerds that I used to hang around saw them as the same.
Welcome to TZG...I really don't see the difference,Space is basically a LNoE Expansion
that introduces different fractions.

The Martian & Circus Theme just doesn't appeal to me,I could probably handle Martians
vs the the regular LNoE Heros but with AToE & F&G around I just haven't checked it out.

OD
(01-29-2012 01:57 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to TZG...I really don't see the difference,Space is basically a LNoE Expansion
that introduces different fractions.

The Martian & Circus Theme just doesn't appeal to me,I could probably handle Martians
vs the the regular LNoE Heros but with AToE & F&G around I just haven't checked it out.

OD

I disagree.

IfOS isn't an expansion for Last Night on Earth. In fact, the two do not work together as smoothly as an actual expansion for LNoE.

Being an actual owner of both games I can honestly say they are "not the same." The entire feel of the game is different; even while being somewhat familiar. And there is a huge difference between the martians and the zombies. I think the circus and martian themes is much better than A Touch of Evil with a blind lady and a vampire player running around the board aimlessly.

Having played A Touch of Evil I see that game as being rushed and not fully polished. There is no reason behind the game. No purpose.

Unlike the previous poster I am speaking on games I either:

1. Own

or

2. Have actually played numerous times.

No offense but I believe one can't down a game unless they actually have tried it or own it. I actually think they should show more support for IfOS rather than AToE which is a mediocre game.
No offense taken the purpose of my post was simply to welcome you to the Forum.
I expressed my opinion which is obviously different from yours and don't see where
I downed any game. I don't own IfOS but I do own ATOE & find it very enjoyable.

OD
(01-29-2012 01:15 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]No offense taken the purpose of my post was simply to welcome you to the Forum.
I expressed my opinion which is obviously different from yours and don't see where
I downed any game. I don't own IfOS but I do own ATOE & find it very enjoyable.

OD

An old associate of mine owns AToE. And although I enjoy playing with certain "bosses." Such as the Headless Horseman. I see the overall gameplay as being kind of without purpose.

However, that's just my opinion on the game as well. Personally, I think Last Night on Earth happens to be the best out of all of Flying Frog's games. I mean heck this entire website is really named after LNoE. Zombie17

And I see IfOS as a close second.
Welcome to the site, PrimeZombie. I have LNOE and ATOE with both of their big expansions. We got LNOE first, and loved it. It got my wife and I back into gaming again. Then, I bought ATOE for her for Christmas 2010, and now we only play LNOE with new players because it is simpler. We got Fortune and Glory for this last Christmas, which we also like more.

(01-29-2012 02:15 PM)PrimeZombie Wrote: [ -> ]An old associate of mine owns AToE. And although I enjoy playing with certain "bosses." Such as the Headless Horseman. I see the overall gameplay as being kind of without purpose.

That is exactly how we feel about LNOE. With only one deck each, or even 2-3 with supps, it feels less puposeful to us than ATOE. ATOE has themed decks for each location, and even a shop to pick and choose from. It just feels like a deeper game to us. Fortune and Glory is similar. I think that is why we never got IFOS, so I won't speak much to that game. All I can say is that the theme doesn't get me too excited either. I know people that have avoided FANG for the same reason. I can understand that.

I still love playing LNOE though. It is a really good game, and has a special place in my decaying heart. Plus I get to use my custom Ash hero. Zombie17
(01-29-2012 06:37 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the site, PrimeZombie. I have LNOE and ATOE with both of their big expansions. We got LNOE first, and loved it. It got my wife and I back into gaming again. Then, I bought ATOE for her for Christmas 2010, and now we only play LNOE with new players because it is simpler. We got Fortune and Glory for this last Christmas, which we also like more.

(01-29-2012 02:15 PM)PrimeZombie Wrote: [ -> ]An old associate of mine owns AToE. And although I enjoy playing with certain "bosses." Such as the Headless Horseman. I see the overall gameplay as being kind of without purpose.

That is exactly how we feel about LNOE. With only one deck each, or even 2-3 with supps, it feels less puposeful to us than ATOE. ATOE has themed decks for each location, and even a shop to pick and choose from. It just feels like a deeper game to us. Fortune and Glory is similar. I think that is why we never got IFOS, so I won't speak much to that game. All I can say is that the theme doesn't get me too excited either. I know people that have avoided FANG for the same reason. I can understand that.

I still love playing LNOE though. It is a really good game, and has a special place in my decaying heart. Plus I get to use my custom Ash hero. Zombie17

Thanks for the welcome.

As far as the AToE vs LNoE/IfOS debate; we already know my stance on that one. No need to reiterate..
Welcome to the boards!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's