TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rampaging Johhny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the girlie and I are playing LNOE and just playing Die Zombies Die so we can get the sequences and mechanics running smoothly before delving deeper.

Last night was the first time the chainsaw came out of the deck, and Johnny was the one to pick it up. Can I say this is one nasty piece of kit when combined with Blitz! She rampaged Johnny into one square that had 2 zombies in it, diced them and then blitzed into another square with 2 more in it which were quickly turned into pink mist. Now, even though I was the zombie player, I still cheered and laughed at the awesomeness of it.

Needless to say, he managed to charge through and pulp another 4-5 zombies and Jenny with the shotgun and cleaver cleaned up the rest with 5 turns to spare Insane21

hehehe I love this game!
Hi, as a Zombie player. It rare when i see Johnny run threw crowds. Not many players use his ability. It awesome fun when he does. If Johnny had a baseball bat, or welding torch with him.....almost unstoppable.

I hate when that happens Zombie13
Yup! Johnny w/ a chainsaw is super fun. Very disappointing if you lose it right off of the bat. Like PJON says, the bat is really fun too. Many new players overlook the rule for the bat that allows you to keep swinging (rolling extra dice) until either it breaks or you kill the zed. Happy hunting. Zombie10
I think that's more of the tentative nature of players who are afraid their hero's will die. If you have the move with Johnny though, you can blitz through some zeds, stop more than one space away from them and use Youth to regen anyway Watchmen02

Yep love the baseball bat, but played it slightly wrong first time I used it as I was re-rolling instead of rolling another dice.

I like the look of the circular saw too..

So many toys, so many things to kill with them! Insane16
(02-02-2012 09:56 PM)thegep Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's more of the tentative nature of players who are afraid their hero's will die. If you have the move with Johnny though, you can blitz through some zeds, stop more than one space away from them and use Youth to regen anyway Watchmen02

So many toys, so many things to kill with them! Insane16

Yup Yup good plan Watchmen02

Zombie19 awww darn, look..... a Shambler

(02-02-2012 07:20 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Yup! Johnny w/ a chainsaw is super fun. Very disappointing if you lose it right off of the bat. Like PJON says, the bat is really fun too. Many new players overlook the rule for the bat that allows you to keep swinging (rolling extra dice) until either it breaks or you kill the zed. Happy hunting. Zombie10

Chain saw with a Bat
Wait until you get Faith+chainsaw+hero's resolve on Father Joseph. 5 fight dice, wins on kills, insta-kills on wins and you can cancel any cards against you with Father's Strength of Spirit. Turns that old priest into a zombie-killing madman!
Oh hell yeah. Playing Defend the Manor House last week, my sister was Anderson & Becky (her slut as she fondly refers to her) & I was Joseph & Sam. After Sam got devoured by a zombie swarm we got Stacy as a replacement, kinda of a bummer as her abilities were not that great for this particular scenario, or so I thought.

We had agreed on zombie horde, well-stocked buildings, barricades & exploration markers (for the surprise attack.extra hero fun factor) as well as Survival Unique & Grave Weapons Deck.

As Stacy went into the taken over antique shop to flip over a previously out of reach exploration marker she promptly found Johnny just chilling out there, to whom she promptly turned over her Sledgehammer to (it was her free hero card for coming in mid-game). Now Stacy had taken down 2 zombies herself with it, but when Johnny boy started rolling around the outside of the manor house he was cleaning house. Mowed down 8 Zombies between his turn and the next zombie turn. Until my zombie gf played it's stuck, Sheriff & Nurse tried to save him with their shotguns but poor Johnny only made back to the manor house's front door Zombie11Zombie04
We were playing Rescue the Townsfolk a while back. I was playing Sally and uncovered 2 townsfolk, rescued another dropped by a dead comrade and had the meat cleaver and the chainsaw.
I quit counting the kills after about 10. So much fun to be a hero on the offensive.

Unfortunately it was late in the game, combined with a couple bad movement rolls, and we up about 2 squares and one turn short of getting in the truck.
Reference URL's