TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Remain in Play Zombie Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are in the middle of a game right now, and are wondering of the Remain in Play Zombie Cards count as part of the 4 card limit for the Zombie hand. I cant find clarification for this in the rule book, nor on the forums. Right now, our Zombie player has 3 Remain in Play cards, plus 4 cards in their hand, and the hero's are going down quickly, although we are only on turn 13 (out of 17 turns).
They're not in the hand, so they don't count.
(02-05-2012 04:23 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]They're not in the hand, so they don't count.

Thanks for the clarification. Thats how we played. The Zombie player had every room on the board "Taken Over" and we needed to be able to draw cards in order to find more gasoline so we could set the Manor ablaze. We had one character who's ability it was to continue to go into Taken Over rooms, and search, and they got us 2 cards, which removed the Remain in Play cards, and this cleared the Taken Over markers.

It seems as though the Remain in Play zombie cards really wreck havoc on the game, especially when there are multiple cards. Is there a limit to the number of Remain in Play cards the Zombie player can place? We were up to 4, and 2 of them did a similar dynamic, which was insane.

I do like how we ended up feeling defeated, but then we came back, and were able to continue to play.
There is no limit to the number of Remains in Play that can be in play at once.

I do wonder if you played the cards that granted Taken Over correctly. These should only be applied to only one random building on a random L board... I haven't counted, but I don't think there are enough cards that grant Taken Over to be able to take all the buildings on the board....
(02-05-2012 06:17 AM)munkymuddface Wrote: [ -> ]There is no limit to the number of Remains in Play that can be in play at once.

I do wonder if you played the cards that granted Taken Over correctly. These should only be applied to only one random building on a random L board... I haven't counted, but I don't think there are enough cards that grant Taken Over to be able to take all the buildings on the board....

Yeah, the Zombie player had 2 cards that were Remain in Play which allowed her to place a Taken Over on a random building. One of them allowed her to place 2 zombies in the same building as the Taken Over marker. She was able to do this on each turn as we understood it. I can get the cards and post exactly what they say for clarification. We ran out of Taken Over markers though. Should we have stopped at that point, so she could not eliminate our ability to enter buildings and search for Hero cards?
Aha, I think I see where the confusion is. Sounds like it was "Oh my god, they've taken the...". This allows a random building to be Taken Over and that building to be filled with zombies. It looks like you played it in such a way that since the card says Remains In Play, you allowed it to trigger every turn, consuming all of the buildings until there was no where to go.
The card only triggers once, not every turn that it remains in play. The Remains In Play aspect only applies to the Taken Over marker that prevents the heroes for entering and searching a building.
Yea, whoa... Once and once only as MMF said.. That just crazy.... Or is it?...hmmm
Hehe what a situation Zombie17 but I totally see reason for confusion Zombie17
Must have been one frustrating game for you heroes Watchmen02
Reference URL's