TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zombie Hero retains wounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does a Zombie Hero start fresh with no wounds, or do some of the wounds carry over? (This is more relating to the card that turns you into a Zombie Hero on the hero's next wound).
Hi, Zombie Heroes start with no wounds. aka Fresh Meat Zombie13
Exactly. If I recall, I believe this is specifically answered in the rule book, but I don't have it in front of me to look. However, zombie heroes do NOT retain their wounds they received in life. I mean... especially when you consider if they didn't become a zombie hero because of a card, that means they would have to have all of their wound spots filled.

When they become a zombie hero, all wounds are healed, and they now take the same number of wounds to be killed as a zombie.

Also remember that once a zombie hero is killed, they are out of the game. You do NOT put them back in your zombie pool to possibly bring back (re-spawn). They are simply out of the rest of that game.
(07-06-2012 08:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]When they become a zombie hero, all wounds are healed, and they now take the same number of wounds to be killed as a zombie.

Just to be clear, that means that they can take the same number of wounds to be killed as a Zombie Hero as the original Human Hero. Not that they now only need 1 wound as a normal zombie would. Watchmen02
(07-07-2012 09:43 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2012 08:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]When they become a zombie hero, all wounds are healed, and they now take the same number of wounds to be killed as a zombie.

Just to be clear, that means that they can take the same number of wounds to be killed as a Zombie Hero as the original Human Hero. Not that they now only need 1 wound as a normal zombie would. Watchmen02

You are correct.
(07-07-2012 09:43 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly. As I said, the new zombie hero takes the same number of wounds they took as a human in order to die. In other words, if they took three wounds to die as a hero, they now take three wounds to die as a Zombie Hero.

Also, I felt the obsessive need to correct myself after re-reading my comments. LOL! I think my choice of the words "...all wounds are healed..." was perhaps not best. "...all wounds are removed..." would have been better. That fits much better thematically. LOL! Still, same difference as far as game play goes.
Also remember that once a zombie hero is killed, they are out of the game. You do NOT put them back in your zombie pool to possibly bring back (re-spawn). They are simply out of the rest of that game.
[/quote]

Is this true?
(07-15-2012 08:03 PM)avalanche5160 Wrote: [ -> ]Also remember that once a zombie hero is killed, they are out of the game. You do NOT put them back in your zombie pool to possibly bring back (re-spawn). They are simply out of the rest of that game.

Is this true?[/quote]

I believe it is. So make sure you take a normal Zombie model out of the pool for every Zombie Hero in play amd then replace it when the Zombie Hero model is 'killed'. Zombie Heros count towards the maximum of 14 models in play at any one time.
(07-15-2012 08:19 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it is. So make sure you take a normal Zombie model out of the pool for every Zombie Hero in play amd then replace it when the Zombie Hero model is 'killed'. Zombie Heros count towards the maximum of 14 models in play at any one time.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question. I think I will have to take that to another separate thread to make sure we get a separate answer.

You are correct that the zombie hero counts towards the total pool you count when deciding whether or not you can spawn new zombies that round. However, I had been assuming that this stopped right there. In other words, I didn't think it counted towards the total number of zombies you are allowed to have in play at once.

In other words, when rolling to spawn new zombies, if you have four zombies and one zombie hero, this is 5, but I always thought the zombie hero did not count towards the total of 14.

I posted a new thread, as I thought this was definitely an interesting question. If you want to follow it to see if we get an answer, do so here:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...14-zombies
(07-16-2012 08:02 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012 08:19 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it is. So make sure you take a normal Zombie model out of the pool for every Zombie Hero in play amd then replace it when the Zombie Hero model is 'killed'. Zombie Heros count towards the maximum of 14 models in play at any one time.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question. I think I will have to take that to another separate thread to make sure we get a separate answer.

You are correct that the zombie hero counts towards the total pool you count when deciding whether or not you can spawn new zombies that round. However, I had been assuming that this stopped right there. In other words, I didn't think it counted towards the total number of zombies you are allowed to have in play at once.

In other words, when rolling to spawn new zombies, if you have four zombies and one zombie hero, this is 5, but I always thought the zombie hero did not count towards the total of 14.

I posted a new thread, as I thought this was definitely an interesting question. If you want to follow it to see if we get an answer, do so here:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...14-zombies

Thanks for doing this. I've alsways thought that there was a maximum of 14 zombie models in play at any one time, including Zombie Heroes, but I can't recall where or if I've read this. Interesting to see if we get an official ruling.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's